PDA

View Full Version : DP-8035 no LAN response

Custom Search

suckis
10-13-2009, 11:25 PM
I have a DP-8035 and the customer said that suddenly they cannot print anything.

I went to the customer' s place and I realized that the LAN' s LEDs were not lit.

I tried with my laptop and a cross cable and I could not ping to the copier. I connected my laptop to the cable that was patched to the copier and I connected to the local network. That means that my laptop and the customer' s cable are both working. I all ram initializations and the problem still persists.

Any ideas? Should I try changing the PC board or try something else before?
Thanks in advance.

mjunkaged
10-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Okay, so first, remove your company's sticker from the machine, then place it on a GOOD machine......but all kidding aside....

Try a hard reset: I believe you hold the function key down while turning rear main power on, don't let go of function until you get the change in the display...from there I can't quite remember, but what I DO remember was it was the only way I could reset an error 'stuck ' in the machine.

By the way, what's your firmware like? Up to date? VERY important on that model! And it has f.w. for the nic i believe. If I'm wrong an ACTIVE pan. tech. can smack me down........:eek:

mjunkaged
10-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Don't forget to check the network settings to see if they're still stored, if not you may have a flaky battery connection or near dead battery if you've lost settings/data.

Vista Tech
10-14-2009, 04:17 PM
No LAN led's on the back of the machine = bad. I would reseat the net card and check the connections inside it. If the customer has been moving the machine around it could be a possibility that they damaged the connectors inside there and it needs a new card. If you have a spare card or machine laying around anywhere I would also swap out cards just to try and eliminate factors, just hope its that card and not a board. :)

suckis
10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
The machine' s firmware is the latest. The customer also has another DP-8035.
So, I went to the customer today and swapped the PC boards. The problem solved and the "good" machine got the same problem after swapping.

Vista Tech
10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Well it sucks that it was actually the board. I was just about to say to also check the line to the computer itself lol, that's happened to me once before. :D

mjunkaged
10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
So....was it the nic or the sc? We're all dying to know ....at least I am! :rolleyes:

suckis
10-15-2009, 07:38 PM
So....was it the nic or the sc? We're all dying to know ....at least I am! :rolleyes:

The faulty board was the "PC board, SC" as written in the manual. This PC board includes the NIC.

Jetbase
11-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Look for a surface mount fuse. I beleive it is possible to blow the fuse or board if some nark has swapped Lan for a fax line this usually happens in the Lan connections room. I know fax boards blow if a Lan is plugged into the fax.

Custom Search