PDA

View Full Version : Scan to an external hard drive???

Custom Search

bgkahuna
10-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi guys,

I have a new customer with a bizhub 350 who wants me to set her office up with scanning.. But the problem is, she wants her scans to go to an external hd.. I was wondering if anybody has done this before? And what is the config settings needed to do this. And if this doesnt work she wants to scan to Windows Vista computers, in the past this has given me problems also .. Really need help guys... Thanks

Jules Winfield
10-14-2009, 12:33 AM
If you're talking about a USB attached hard drive with a drive letter and everything, then you should be able to set it up the same way as an internal drive. If you're talking about a network attached storage device, then it becomes a little more complicated.

Mr Spock
10-14-2009, 02:08 AM
With Vista there are several things to remember. The first being home and home premium do not work so well. The others do but the machine HAS to be on the same workgroup and you have to use a login id and password to access the hard drive.

As to the external hard drive is it attached to the machine or the computer or a network storage device. Each has it's own setup and requires more info. If the external hard drive is attached to a Vista box then you setup the scans just like scanning to a Vista hard drive.

bgkahuna
10-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Actually guys, the external hd is connected to the router . Its a western digital external drive.. It does have a static IP and root name being (netshare) .. I am meeting with her IT person Friday hopefully he can fill me in the rest of the info.. Thanks for the quick response guys..

TheOwl
10-14-2009, 07:40 AM
If it is connected to their router via network cabling, then you shouldn't have a problem. All you would need is a username and password to access the NAS and to also know the UNC path.

You shouldn't have a problem at all, especially if the IT people are meeting up with you to help out.

Custom Search