PDA

View Full Version : fiery server - new hard drive

Custom Search

howertoneng
10-14-2009, 11:13 PM
I have a fiery x3e server running on my Konica printer, that is routinely locking up. I want to replace the hard drive. Anyone with tips on doing this, since i have never done this. Where can i download the server software?

thanks

rasman67
10-14-2009, 11:24 PM
If you are not a tech then I would suggest finding one in your area to do the job for you. good luck

howertoneng
10-15-2009, 12:59 AM
If you are not a tech then I would suggest finding one in your area to do the job for you. good luck

I am confident in my technical abilities, just need some guidance.

Jules Winfield
10-15-2009, 01:38 AM
No, seriously. You'll need to involve a certified dealer in order to get the system software and instructions needed to install on the new HDD.

random
10-15-2009, 06:42 AM
I am confident in my technical abilities, just need some guidance.

There is probably half a dozen different versions of X3e so you need tell us what machine it is for a start, even then, and I have had to do it, there no garantee of succses. We just ghost them now, too much hassle.

howertoneng
10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
OK, so i can do a ghost image of the hard drive, then load onto a new hard driver, and that will usually work?

Hansoon
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
XXCLONE works very well for this. Use it very often.

XXCLONE, A New Way of Cloning the Windows System Disk (http://www.xxclone.com/)

Hans

random
10-16-2009, 06:15 AM
Take the drive out and do a disk check on it, that will tell you if the drive is a dud or not. If you decide to ghost it you need to be aware that it is more than likely a Linux version and you will need to use special command line switchs. Others should be able to help you with this.

gqtrebor
10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
OK, so i can do a ghost image of the hard drive, then load onto a new hard driver, and that will usually work?

Yes and you can use a bigger size hdd to. it works.

Custom Search