PDA

View Full Version : 282 fax issue

Custom Search

emujo
10-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Have a 3 of these in that replaced Canon fax equipped devices. Never had a fax issue prior to the replacment. The 282s will only fax when in off hook mode. If trying memory TX, the device will never dial the number and will just generate a no answer failure page. These are duel line faxes, but the 2nd line is not being used yet. Went through the setup instructions and verified software switch settings are correct for 2nd line. Phone lines are anaolg (PSTN) and again the Canons they replaced did not have any issues. Any thoughts?

copytechman
10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Had a bh200 do something like this, had to do with how it detected dialtone and had to adj it's detection level (voltage level I think), does it think that the line is always in use? That what mine did until I made the line voltage level adjustment.. I dont recall what softsw it was but it's in there.

Regards!
A.

Mr Spock
10-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Is the wall plug wired correctly. The canons do not really care on some models but some of the newer equipment does. Was the fax pwb initialized, the market area set correctly?

HuronMan
10-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Try a soft switch reset. Had this on a couple of 200's a while ago.

ZeusGT
10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey, I have four of these boards sitting here doing the same thing. It will transmit only in off hook mode and will not recieve faxes. How do you do a soft switch reset?

gqtrebor
10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Have a 3 of these in that replaced Canon fax equipped devices. Never had a fax issue prior to the replacment. The 282s will only fax when in off hook mode. If trying memory TX, the device will never dial the number and will just generate a no answer failure page. These are duel line faxes, but the 2nd line is not being used yet. Went through the setup instructions and verified software switch settings are correct for 2nd line. Phone lines are anaolg (PSTN) and again the Canons they replaced did not have any issues. Any thoughts?

if you have a dual line fax kit on it, make sure the second fax kit is shut off if it's not in use. it will cause issues. also try dumming down the machine.

turn ecm mode off, try setting the modem to 1400 baud and last but not least. are they running voip?

if so sorry to say konica minolta machines and voip do not work.

ZeusGT
10-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Mine is not VOIP or anything like that.. It just doesn't work until you put it in off hook mode and then it will only transmit not recieve.

I have had just about all of the boards in the field do this and the only solution that I have found was to replace the board.

These are single line boards as well

HuronMan
10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey, I have four of these boards sitting here doing the same thing. It will transmit only in off hook mode and will not recieve faxes. How do you do a soft switch reset?
It's in initial mode. Press the hidden reset button, wait for the dot on the screen, press 3, put in 8 0's, press end. There's a clear fax setting button in there. Had 1 or 2 machines(kb200,250's) do this shortly aft. install.

ZeusGT
10-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Whoa... where is the hidden reset button (not trying to be funny). I believe this is what I need to do to get my machines back up and going...

Thank you very much for the info that you've given me

HuronMan
10-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Sorry. It's on the mfbs brd. On the right side of the scanner under the cover where the compact flash card slot is. In front of the network jack. Little grey button.

ZeusGT
10-17-2009, 06:01 AM
Thank you so much.. Is this common with Minolta Fax boards?

emujo
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I think the problem lies in the fact that even though both fax boards are installed, the 2nd line is not plugged in (customer was unaware coorporate had requested 2 line capabilties). MFP may be trying to dial out on 2nd line. We set soft switch 006 back bit 1 back to a 0, double checked that G3-1 was the default line and still no change. As a temp solution, removed 2nd line until cust can get 2nd line installed. EMujo

Claudio
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Several months ago I was also dealing with an e-282 where it would fax out ok but no receive. Tried upgrading the firmware, then Tried another fax modem. checked settings, initializing, W1 wire placement. I was never able to get this resolved. I had exchanged the machine and set this issue aside to deal with other things. I started to think the copier's SYS PCB was bad but dont have another to try swapping it out for testing.
With these posts, I need to go back to this machine and review the info.s you have provided.
This machine does not have the 2nd line option installed.
I did not have to go off hook mode to send (it would send just fine) but would never answer an incoming fax so would not receive.
I had also gone down the list of software switches.
Will try this soft switch reset. I'll double check the ecm, baud & voip.
If it solves my problem, I will return to this post to let you know.
Thanks for your help.
Claudio

Claudio
10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm not finding this grey reset button. *My Fax Modem is a GD-1150.
By the network jack & the card slot, there is no grey button.
Thanks again.
Claudio

I was not able to upload a picture of what I'm looking at.

emujo
10-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Claudio, you are working with a Toshiba 282, this thread is on the konicaminolta bizhub 282. Don't worry, I've made that mistake at least once. EMujo

Claudio
10-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I screwed up. I am dealing with a Toshiba e-282.
No wonder I could not find this reset.
Have yourselves a great day.
Claudio

** I guess the faxing problem for sending ok but not receiving must happen with any machine that has 282 for a model number.

Custom Search