PDA

View Full Version : c6500 print quality

Custom Search

rs4u
10-18-2009, 10:31 PM
have a 6500 on side of print is faded babdly and colors are not correct..the other side is dead on...any ideas

Mr Spock
10-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Check the chargers. If the wire is not strung correctly this happens.

rs4u
10-19-2009, 01:51 AM
does this mean charging coronas

EUTech
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
All the colors are faded? If you have a color that looks good, try to change the charging corona with other that looks bad, as Mr. Spock suggested.
Another solution might be the print head unit.
Anyway, whatever is the solution, please let us know.

rs4u
10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
it seems that all of the colors are bad on that side of paper
it ran about 500 sheets just fine then it started

rs4u
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok we switched out the yellow developer unit on 1 of the 2 6500 to fix a 2411 Error, still getting that error code on that machine :mad:. On the other machine we where getting a 2220 error code, but with the developer unit from the other 6500 in it now it seems to work now :), but we are getting a black line on side 2 of job, and on side one the magenta on the left edge is more purplish then red. Any suggestions on how to correct that issue would be helpful.

We have changed out Cornoa's on both machines, put new yellow developer in, changed out transfer belt, put new fuser unit in, new drums.

EUTech
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
After replacing parts, did you make all the steps from the service manual?
If not, check the table in the Adjustment/Settings section, you'll find all the steps there.

Stirton.M
10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok we switched out the yellow developer unit on 1 of the 2 6500 to fix a 2411 Error, still getting that error code on that machine :mad:. On the other machine we where getting a 2220 error code, but with the developer unit from the other 6500 in it now it seems to work now :), but we are getting a black line on side 2 of job, and on side one the magenta on the left edge is more purplish then red. Any suggestions on how to correct that issue would be helpful.

We have changed out Cornoa's on both machines, put new yellow developer in, changed out transfer belt, put new fuser unit in, new drums.

Check the charge corona wire itself in your magenta charge unit. It might not be sitting squarely, causing an uneven level of the wire from the front side to the rear side relative to the machine. We sometimes take the charge grid off and pop the end caps to fix the position of the wire in the end housings. I make it a habit to visually look through the bottom side into a light source to view the position of the wire inside the housing before I put a new unit in the machine. It will be obvious if one side is off center, that side will need to be repositioned. Its a quick check for piece of mind. I also inspect the grid to make sure it isn't troughed up the length and free from any depressions or high points.

The 2411 code, and similar codes for the other colours, you can simply change the TCR sensor and or change the starter. Also check the harness connection in the front where you can disconnect when removing the dev unit for damaged or pulled wire inside the connector.

The 2220 code was related to your transfer belt. Check the positioning of the belt in the process carriage and ensure the belt is level and not binding. Check your transfer rollers inside to ensure they are properly seated and oriented. Check to ensure that your belt is not drifting due to imbalanced rollers...the bearings on the tension roller tend to pop out of place. Check for damaged bearings. Also, ensure the drum units are seated properly.

As for the line on the second side...is this for double sided prints? Check your lower 2nd transfer roller for dirt under the neutralize unit. Also, ensure that the black mylar on the metal guide just before that roller is in good condition. Replace it if it is damaged in any way. Do not remove it until you actually have one, or you will get shadowing. Common damage to it will cause what looks like a smudge...that mylar. if damaged, can actually touch the transfer belt and rub the toner before it is transferred to the paper.

Try stopping the machine in the middle of a print job on 12x18, cheat the front door and force a jam when you see the paper cross the second transfer. It will help determine where that line is coming from with a certainty.

If it is a double sided print, check for dirt in the entire path of the ADU and turnouver guides. Clean the turnover guides at the exit area of the fuser for toner buildup, scrape off as necessary...be careful not to damage the guide itself when you do this...no nicks...

udamanatclines
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Since all of the colors started doing it it is highly unlikely that all of the print heads are doing the same thing at exactly the same time. It sounds to me like maybe the crush between the Transfer Belt Assy and the Lower Transfer Roller is uneven.

Let Me Know.

sbillis
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM

2411 try toner recovery mode.

can you upload some saples of your prints?

rs4u
10-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok I have check the Transfer Unit, I have even gone and replaced the Blue Dev Unit on the machine. I am printed double sided on a 12.5x19 sheet, but I keep having blue streaks on the paper. If anyone can suggest something I havent done which is the following:

Complete 200k PM
All new drums
New Cyan Dev Unit
New Developer
Ran all the steps after doing so from Service Manual
Replaced Transfer Unit Rollers
New Cleaning Unit for Transfer Unit
Cleaned out the Pipes in the back of the machine
New Coronas
Cleaned the ADU deck top to bottom 4 times now

As you can see I am extremely lost on what to do to remove the blue lines.

Thanks

texchar555
10-31-2009, 12:51 AM
if its doing all the color than it has to be tr belt or 2nd transfer roller. Make sure the 2nd tr roller in evenly lined up with the ramp leading to the fuser. I had the same thing happer to me the springs that press up against the roller was out of position. Check to see if the density is the same on both sides of the tr belt when you stop the machine at the 2nd tr roller. good luck

udamanatclines
10-31-2009, 07:55 AM
I would like to see another sample of a test pattern #53 of all four colors.
Also how many total copies are on the machine?
I have attached a guide to help.

udamanatclines
10-31-2009, 08:02 AM
Just email me at jason@clinesbe.com

Stirton.M
10-31-2009, 11:37 PM
As you can see I am extremely lost on what to do to remove the blue lines.

Thanks

Out of curiosity.

There is supposed to be a black mylar on a guide just before the lower second transfer roller. This mylar I found out one day, is important. In my case, the mylar was damaged and had a high spot that literally rubbed against the transfer belt just before 2nd transfer, causing an intermittent smudge. It took a bit to eventually discover this was the problem for that line. Thinking nothing of it, I peeled this mylar off. I could replace it later, not believing it was really all that important. It was important. I encountered something similar to what you are seeing here.

Check to make sure this mylar is there...

See attached. Part number 14, attached to number 11.

part number is A03U 5239 00 HOLDING SHEET

rs4u
11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
here is another example of what we are dealing with..

Stirton.M
11-06-2009, 07:51 AM
here is another example of what we are dealing with..

Uh...what sample?

TonerMonkey
11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Uh...what sample?

Getting blank prints now by the look of things ........... :D

rs4u
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
sorry dont know why it didnt upload the file but here is another example..

if you notice you will see redish, yellow lines in the copy. :confused:

Gerry.Fitz
11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi ya
Wrong corona units
Gerry

rs4u
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
so the lines are from the corona units? cause these are brand new corona units in the machine.

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 03:51 PM
check the slit glass for all your colours.

Corona units, check to make sure there is no dust from talc in them. Use a can of air to clean each if they do have dust.

Check your transfer unit, specifically the second transfer rollers, both on the belt and the ADU.

Also, check against the paper. Is the correct weight being programmed for that stock? Try some other paper stock and see if this is reproduced on those.

Adjust transfer voltages.

Custom Search