PDA

View Full Version : C252 error when printing "data size is too large"

Custom Search

Taminol
10-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi guys,

We have C252 in our office which is not printing.
The job gets deleted and the detail of the error reads "data size is too large". It's only a 94kb file. Hardly large by any stretch of the imagination.

The machine stated misbehaving on Monday. So I deleted the printer driver from my laptop, reloaded and tried again - no good.
Then I deleted the printer driver and the port, reloaded the driver and created a new port - hey presto it worked.

I've come in to the office today and it's doing exactly the same thing.
This time I upgraded the Firmware to the latest, 3.05 ver K.
Still no good.

Any ideas?

Thanks

copytechman
10-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Try a logical hdd format?

Regards!
A.

Taminol
10-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Try a logical hdd format?

Ok, just tried that. The result displayed 'OK', but still getting "data size is too large" when trying to print.
Thanks for the suggestion.

EUTech
10-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Try to switch the driver from PCL to PS or from PS to PCL.

Taminol
10-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Try to switch the driver from PCL to PS or from PS to PCL.

Ok, I swapped to a PS C252 driver and I still wasn't able to print.

One thing I noticed whist carrying out the above, which I didn't on monday. Was that there were 2 devices hanging off printer port 192.168.1.99. They were this C252 and a C352. The C352 was sold ages ago but I'd left the driver in place. I must have updated the driver for a C252 version and used the same IP address and port.
I can't see the theory of there being a conflict, but deleted both devices and the port. I had to go in to services.msc to be able to delete it for some reason.
Added the printer again and am now able to print. This kinda feels like deja vu because it's essentially what I did on Monday.
We'll see if it wants to play on Wednesday morning.

Thanks for your advice.......

Taminol
10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Ok, it's now one week on since my last post about this fault. My PC has been behaving well, but this morning one of the other PC's in the office cannot print to the C252. The machine deletes the job with the same error "data size is too large"
I initially thought it was my PC, now I think it is the copier.
Any more ideas?

Stirton.M
10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok, it's now one week on since my last post about this fault. My PC has been behaving well, but this morning one of the other PC's in the office cannot print to the C252. The machine deletes the job with the same error "data size is too large"
I initially thought it was my PC, now I think it is the copier.
Any more ideas?

Check ram modules.

Also, is this a PDF?

If so, try "print as image" in the "advanced" button when you select print.

What is the size of the job according to windows spooler?

Taminol
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Check ram modules.

Also, is this a PDF?

If so, try "print as image" in the "advanced" button when you select print.

What is the size of the job according to windows spooler?

Ok, I'll look/check the RAM tomorrow

According to the spooler, the job size was 334kb.

As for printing as an image, I'll have to wait until the machine goes wrong again. It's currently working because I deleted the printer and port, then reloaded it. What bugs me is, the machine has been working fine out on site for almost 3 years. It comes back here and starts going wrong! Initially my laptop couldn't print to it, so I did what I said above. Now, a week later a different PC is having the same problem sending print jobs.
It didn't make any difference what application we wanted to print from. We tried, Word, Publisher, Adobe .pdf, Firefox etc, all no good.

Thanks for the RAM idea

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Hmmm....could be the brain has gone stupid...bad power situation can cause this for example.

If checking memory modules doesn't fix the problem, backup all user data like one touches and authentication information, box configuration (if any) and network (email/LDAP/IP) and so forth. Any content in the boxes, be sure to print/forward to email those if needed.

Do a Data Initialize through tech rep system 1.

When the machine tells you to turn off and on again, enter tech rep, enable Fax and initialize parameters (if installed) and THEN enable hard drive. Back out and reboot copier.

From there, re-input network settings, import one touches and authentication data (if used) and recreate boxes. If fax card, re-enter company name and fax number.

Hopefully this corrects the behavior.

martin_dalton
11-11-2009, 04:58 PM
do a physical format ( which takes about 40 minutes ) then do a logical format ( which takes 30 seconds ) and that should sort it. You might need to do a hard drive version up aswell, all print jobs RIP on the hard drive. I have had a problem before where the machine takes about 3 hours to print a 34kb job, and doing the format sorts the problem, its mainly if your doing .pdf printing as these a big files to print compared to other programs

hope this helps

Custom Search