PDA

View Full Version : C253 Problem on 1st Print - Black Scattering

Custom Search

pajeroid
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Hello - I have a Bizhub C253 that is scattering dev all over the 1st page. We have tried changing the black IU.

I have attached a PDF example,

Any ideas? :confused:

emujo
10-21-2009, 01:00 PM
I looked at the PDF and to me the scattering looks like blue, but I'll assume it's black. Try running the device in test mode and print out your half tones for each color, does this scattering appear on each printout? If so, you either have a 2nd bad I/U (slight possibiltiy) or a problem with HV1 or HV2. Both HV boards are a bear to get to (HV1, the lower bd is the worst). You might want to ensure that you have good contacts for the HV contacts on both boards prior to replacing them. EMujo

Bizhub
10-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Hello - I have a Bizhub C253 that is scattering dev all over the 1st page. We have tried changing the black IU.

I have attached a PDF example,

Any ideas? :confused:

Change the printer control board !!!

pajeroid
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, we changed the PRCB and it has fixed the problem... I also found the problem here http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/12466-c253-help.html and when checking ICP5 it has had rather shodderly, a big red round fuse soldered straight over the original, which had dropped off! No wonder this machine was only £1,000 in the trade, lol.

Thanks for the help guys! (Bizhub)

FYI you can bridge solder a 2.5A fuse over ICP5 - which is at the upper right-hand side of the board, near CN35 and a big blue resistor. You can get them from CPC, I was going to post a link, but their website has just gone down :-S

I will post it later.

Once again, many thanks all you who said it was the PRCB as is was!

Dave.

Custom Search