PDA

View Full Version : Di 7210 toner recycle problem

Custom Search

rocky_biskit
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a 7210 that the toner doesnt auger out of the cleaning unit. I cleaned the clutch wich was very rusted, and when I turned the machine on I could see that the gears for the auger were turning, but after about 6k to 10k copies the waste will fill up inside the waste hopper. I have since noticed that as the machine warms, the auger gears will not turn

Not sure if the clutch here is at fault or if there is something else that I should be looking at.

Thanks in advance all, as I am sure you will come through for me again as you all usually do.

ebm
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Konica 7272 (Di7210 equivalent) has 25-mode dipswitch to control ON timing of recycle MC, SW27. Also, you may want to try switching back to OEM toner if this machine is using Katun or aftermarket. I have had toner packing in the recycle/cleaning units and fixed the problem by switching the machine back to OEM. Who knows, maybe environment conditions?

rocky_biskit
10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the tip on the aftermarket toner, I will investigate that, as I do believe that they are using aftermarket.

Do you have the procedure for entering the 25 mode? It has been a long time since I have worked on these machines, and I havent any service manuals on this system

ebm
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the tip on the aftermarket toner, I will investigate that, as I do believe that they are using aftermarket.

Do you have the procedure for entering the 25 mode? It has been a long time since I have worked on these machines, and I havent any service manuals on this system
On Konica models - hold "p" button, enter password to get into service mode. Also, check MYKonicaMinolta to see if they have service manual to download.

fixthecopier
10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I also have had toner pack around the auger. I would remove the cover and vacuum out the old toner. It could have made a tunnel through the toner.

Custom Search