PDA

View Full Version : C350 jam

Custom Search

SKTeK315
10-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi guys. C350 says jam @ duplex storage or transfer unit. Checked everywhere Looked for small pieces. Blew out all sensor areas. Under over in. Checked all sensors. Nothing is hanging up. Nothing is blocked. All doors close right & lock on both sides. Gives jam ind. on power on. Help. Even unplugged for few min. Still jam. Also on power on, starts booting up then makes that jam ratchet sound & sows jam.

mrwho
10-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Are you getting any code when the machine complains about the jam?

Anyway, check out this:

DESCRIPTION: False exit jam is indicated; no paper jams can be found.
CAUSE: Sensor failure.
SOLUTION: If the copier is equipped with a duplex unit verify that the actuator for PC-1, in the duplex unit, is working correctly.

SKTeK315
10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks. No no code. It does have a duplex unit. Where's pc-1 located ?

mrwho
10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
If I got it correctly, the ADU only has 3 sensors - the PC1 should be the one at the bottom. But of course it wouldn't hurt to check them all.

lucky13
10-23-2009, 04:20 AM
clean the OHP sensor under the paper dust cleaner

SKTeK315
10-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Thank you all. Duplex sensor actuator popped out probably when cust. removed a jam backwards. I looked at another c350 duplex unit & saw that it's missing the top flag. 2 screws popped dup cover off snapped actuator back in. Turned on. Done. Thank you very much for your help. You put me on the right track

RRodgers
10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi guys. C350 says jam @ duplex storage or transfer unit. Checked everywhere Looked for small pieces. Blew out all sensor areas. Under over in. Checked all sensors. Nothing is hanging up. Nothing is blocked. All doors close right & lock on both sides. Gives jam ind. on power on. Help. Even unplugged for few min. Still jam. Also on power on, starts booting up then makes that jam ratchet sound & sows jam.

What size paper is jamming? I've seen the gate on the finisher bridge unit break and that cause anything longer than 8.5 x 14 to always jam.

One thing on these boxes, I find that if you clean the registration roller often it won't jam as much either. Also, i had to adjust the paper loop (buckle) apon machine install as some of the trays would jam for no reason.

Custom Search