PDA

View Full Version : C351 - Where are my tray 3 and 4 ??

Custom Search

nasspro
10-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Hello, I'm french and i don't speak a good english... you should be cool with me...

I get a old bizhub c351, I've done a logical format on it.
But now C351 don't recognise tray 3 and 4 (A3 paper format)

How can I find those tray again?

Should I'll do a firmware upgrade? I don't know the steps for update firmware.

Can you help me please?

srvctec
10-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Did the machine recognize trays 3 and 4 prior to the logical format? Also make sure that both trays are actually plugged in to the main body.

mrwho
10-22-2009, 10:29 PM
My first idea was to answer your question with "did you look under your copier?" but that would be too mean - even for me.

So, here's a question: when you say the machine doesn't recognize trays 3 and 4, do you mean that you can't print to them, or you mean that you can't even select them when copying?

Cheers!

Stirton.M
10-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Hello, I'm french and i don't speak a good english... you should be cool with me...

I get a old bizhub c351, I've done a logical format on it.
But now C351 don't recognise tray 3 and 4 (A3 paper format)

How can I find those tray again?

Should I'll do a firmware upgrade? I don't know the steps for update firmware.

Can you help me please?

Are the trays shown on the main control panel? Or are they completely missing there? Are you trying to print to the machine and the print driver is not showing them?

Logical format on the hard drive??? If that was the case, this should not have any effect on your configuration. Doing this will clear the hard drive of any user one-touch programming, including user box and copy track data. Nothing else is affected.

Did you do a data clear? Is that what you meant?

Tech rep, system 1, initialize, data clear

When this is done, it sometimes takes the machine a few moments to do its thing, and then displays OK, with instructions to cycle the main power switch. If you did not do that properly, you will encounter some problems and need to do it again.

You could try a trouble reset. Those trays might have been locked out due to a malfunction, such as failed control board for the PF-202 itself, or paper stuck in the lift mechanics.

Tech rep mode, system 1, initialization, system error clear.

After pressing the button, wait until the control panel indicates OK and then cycle the main power switch.

nasspro
10-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Hello,

The trays are correctly plugged, but I can't see theme in the touch screen...

mrwho
10-23-2009, 08:26 AM
That's very very odd - a formated HD shouldn't cause that. I'd look for some pinched/damaged wires (connecting the drawer base to the machine) or some blown fuse.

An alternative could be, as you said, a firmware upgrade - it's easy, but you need to know how to, and you need to have the firmware.

forbes
10-23-2009, 09:30 AM
I have just resolved a similar problem with a Canon copier, through this forum with the kind assistance of Mr Fixit, from the US.

For Canon IRC copiers, the main power feed has to go into the accessory casettes, and thence by daisy chain to the main printer. This is counter intuitive. Is it possible that your power leads have become interchanged? It would be lovely if this information which I obtained here in Australia from an American helped you in France.

Regards

nasspro
10-23-2009, 10:42 AM
That's very very odd - a formated HD shouldn't cause that. I'd look for some pinched/damaged wires (connecting the drawer base to the machine) or some blown fuse.

An alternative could be, as you said, a firmware upgrade - it's easy, but you need to know how to, and you need to have the firmware.

Hi,

Can you explain me how to upgrade my firmware?
Or Where can I find a tutorial for that?

regards

mrwho
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I can, but only later today or tomorrow (my timezone is GMT), since I'm working right now. Try to get that info from someone else - if no one else can helpo you, I will.

Good luck!

nasspro
10-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I can, but only later today or tomorrow (my timezone is GMT), since I'm working right now. Try to get that info from someone else - if no one else can helpo you, I will.

Good luck!

hi,

I get this famous firmware.... How can i flash my bizhub ???

Can you help me please?

forbes
10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
hi,

I get this famous firmware.... How can i flash my bizhub ???

Can you help me please?

Sorry, I have never done this myself, and can't asssist you.

mrwho
10-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Sent you a PM with a brief description and some links. That, along with what you get on the service manual, should suffice.

Good luck!

Custom Search