PDA

View Full Version : Copy quality dropping off C253

Custom Search

oxtails
10-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Got a problem with a bizhub c253 copy quality. The problem is light image from the glass/doc feeder. I can run gradation and copy quality comes back to normal, but give it a couple of days and the quality drops off again for no reason. I have tested the print quality from the pc and that’s perfect every time, it’s just from the glass/doc feeder. The room that it’s in is kept at a nice ambient temperature both day and night and no extremes of temp or humidity.
Any one got any suggestions?

Stirton.M
10-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Usually when I find machines that like to play games like this, I ensure the firmware is updated and then I do a total clear of the machine.

Be sure to backup any one touch and copytrack data before you clear. Also backup any network information such as email settings, LDAP and so on. I usually just print those out through pagescope.

If this doesn't correct the problem, check your cables to the CCD and ensure they are seated well.

Possibly too bright in room? Sunlight for example? Also ensure the machine has a power conditioner for the AC line. We are finding these are a must have in many cases.

Failing those, possible problems may be the C-board, MFB or the CCD.

pepper38_cnd
10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Before doing anything since you indicate this is a copy issue only, print outs are fine. I would remove the glass and clean the scanner lamp with windex, also clean the glass in front of the white reference strip I don't know if it is part of the glass or under the scale plate on this machine. Once those items are clean reboot the machine since it sets its scanner density at start up. Remember that digitals are the opposite of analog, the lest light reflected from the original the less detail and density you get on the copy.

Stirton.M
10-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Before doing anything since you indicate this is a copy issue only, print outs are fine. I would remove the glass and clean the scanner lamp with windex, also clean the glass in front of the white reference strip I don't know if it is part of the glass or under the scale plate on this machine. Once those items are clean reboot the machine since it sets its scanner density at start up. Remember that digitals are the opposite of analog, the lest light reflected from the original the less detail and density you get on the copy.

This machine, the scale is on the glass, the white strip beneath that.

I would agree that cleaning of these is recommended, but this particular model isn't really all that old. It is amongst KM current lineup, perhaps at most a year and a half. Unless it is in a welding shop or a really dusty environment, cleaning of those isn't necessary. Heck, I have yet clean beneath the glass on two generations preceeding this model, simply because they are sealed quite well relative to older generations like the C250-C450s. Those ones I find I need to go under glass fairly often.

This problem isn't so much that the whitestrip or lamp are at fault. I've seen it a few times on this series. The machine has a tendency to drift out, and most often because of firmware, the second due to electrical noise. Unlike the previous generation, these things are really noise sensitive. And though it is rare, sometimes the PRCB or C-board goes south. I've had two do this so far.

Johnny_B500
11-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Usually when I find machines that like to play games like this, I ensure the firmware is updated and then I do a total clear of the machine.

I totally agree with you. We had a C203 in the field that showed the exact symptoms as oxtails is describing. The only way to resolve it was to do a memory clear.

Custom Search