PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C353 customer called with C1190 code

Custom Search

axyun
10-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Customer called and said after removing a jam they got a c1190 code on a BizHub C352. I have the Sm on a dvd but temporarily misplaced it. My Intravia collection only goes to 12 which doesn't show Bizhubs with that code. Any assistance is appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Stirton.M
10-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Customer called and said after removing a jam they got a c1190 code on a BizHub C352. I have the Sm on a dvd but temporarily misplaced it. My Intravia collection only goes to 12 which doesn't show Bizhubs with that code. Any assistance is appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

As seen from the manual. This is a finisher error.

C1190
Aligning plate 1 drive
failure
• The alignment home position sensor/1 (PS7) is not turned ON
even after the set period of time has elapsed after the main
power switch is set to ON.
• The alignment home position sensor/1 (PS7) is not turned
OFF even after the set period of time has elapsed after the
align motor/1 (M5) is energized.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Align motor/1 (M5)
Align motor/2 (M6)
Alignment home position sensor/1 (PS7)
Alignment home position sensor/2 (PS8)
FS control board (FSCB)
Step Action
WIRING DIAGRAM
Control signal
component)
Check the M5 connector for proper connection
and correct as necessary.
— —
Check M5 for proper drive coupling and
correct as necessary.
— —
3 M5 operation check FSCB PJ11-1 to 4 FS-519 C-10
4 PS7 I/O check, sensor check FSCB PJ14-3 (ON) FS-519 C-11
5 Change FSCB — —

This is internal on the paper stacker relative to the exit guide. You likely have an obstruction on the horizontal plate.

untitled.jpg refers to the guides themselves, part number 1 and 11.

Common problem, it is caused by improper removal of jammed paper in the stapler area, causing a lift plate (part # 15) to misalign and get caught up, or the staple unit itself has popped its guide and has bumped up against one of those guides.

Those can sometimes get caught up and need to be moved back towards the center...they slide forward or back relative to the size and orientation of the sheet of paper being stacked for a staple operation. The staple unit, when operating normally and within its tracks moves from the rear to the front, it should raise the lift plate (part #15) to allow either corner or edge staple. The metal stoppers (part #3,9 and 14) should clear the opening area of the stapler as it moves. Part #3 and 9 are part of those alignment guides and should be able to move freely, each are separately motor driven, as seen in untitled2.jpg.

Check to make sure that the plate hasn't popped the front pin, part #16 which is held in place by a rubber stopper, part #6. This can be a bit of a bear to repair if you've never done it before. If this is the case, let me know.

axyun
10-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks very much for your info Stirton.M I just got back from customer's office and I was there from 10:30 AM EST. WHat you describe is exactly what happened. The lift plate was off and blocking the stapler which was partially off track with one slider on and one off. I wondered what kept the lift guide in place on front side and now I see it is a rubber holder #6. I guess it is indide the finisher somewhere. I took the finisher back to my place to work on as it could have gotten embarrassing.
I should have downloaded a service manual as I was unaware that the code would need to be reset even after disconnecting the finisher. I have to call customer and give them procedure so they can still use machine.
I would ge the lift plate in place and it looked like it would stay and when I would try to reinstall the stapler I would knock the lift plate off again. After several attempts I decided to take finisher and if it is too tough an assignment I will call a local Konica dealer I know and have them help me. It looked like th track for the staple was a little ben from the force of the stapler trying to move with the lift gate in its way. When I left the C1190 code was replace with a C1180. I guess I can force a small piece of rubber over the pin on front side. How about chewing gum? Just joking although in a pinch you do what's necessary. I 'll give the reassemblig of lift guide and stapler another shot after a little rest and something to eat. Thanks again. Frank

Stirton.M
10-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Well, the stapler itself need not be removed. Ensure it is within its tracks. It takes a bit of maneuvering to get it in that track. Once in, roll it all the way back if you can. Move the lift plate out of the way if necessary. One small caution, the staple unit has a pair of ball bearings on the bottom side of the unit, held in place by 3 plastic fingers. If either or both are broken, the bearings will not be held in place and the unit will become unbalanced in the guide. This plate will have to be replaced if this is the case. Bearings as well if those are lost.

There is a small nipple on the back side of the lift plate, it fits into a hole and becomes a fulcrum, in line with the front side where that pin I described goes. With some patience, this guide CAN be reset in place without the need to remove the horizontal portion of the finisher. Use a flashlight, to see in the back side. You may also see the lever mechanism that is used by the staple unit to raise or lower this guide.

There is an easier method to gaining access to the area, not by much, but easier.

I am not sure if you disassembled the horizontal or not from the elevator tray assembly. Turn off main power, behind front door where image units reside. Slide the finisher away from the main body. Remove the top cover of the finisher, nearest main body. Two black screws secure it in place. On the elevator side, there are two black screws, shoulder type, on the wall of the elevator. Remove those.

Remove the small triangular plastic cover just behind the front door of the finisher. A nylon strap attaches to it. remove the two screws and let it hang. Beneath that cover, on the metal frame is a lock pin plate with 3 screws. Remove the top and bottom screw and pull the plate out with the lock pin.

on the back side, there is a small cover, remove it, disconnect the wire harness and unscrew the ground wire.

The horizontal portion of the finisher should now be free of the elevator section.

This makes it a little easier to work on, to the point that you should be able to see "most" of what needs to be done from there.

As for the rubber stopper...it doesn't have to be elaborate. I've used an assortment of "fixes" from a cut piece of rubber with a hole pierced in it, to shrink wrap and even a small dab of epoxy on the metal pin end. Anything to hold the pin in place just to keep it from popping out on its own.

Clearing the code on the machine, open and close the main door...over the image units....that will clear most codes on the machine. However, you should not have gotten this code without the finisher connected. Hopefully you remembered to turn off the main power of the machine (behind the door I previously mentioned). Failure to do so can easily blow an ICP related to the circuits being handled if the plug is disconnected.

axyun
10-25-2009, 06:22 AM
I did pull plug while working on machine and am pretty sure the main switch was off. Each time I attempted to run machine after reassembling alignment section the stapler would be blocked by a slipping lift plate and a loud sound of stapler trying to move and being blocked would occur followed by c1190. When I left customer's office there was a c1180 which I did not see in service manual. I hope I did not somehow blow the ICP as you mention. Frank

Custom Search