PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C500 Pro SC 45-20

Custom Search

ravikumarj
10-25-2009, 12:38 PM
:confused:Kindly help me for the call code?
What is the suspected part and to be done?

mrwho
10-26-2009, 01:16 PM
The easiest thing to try first is to clean the registration belt sensors, located on the machine's main body, at the left of the transfer belt - pull out the belt assy, and you should see a rectangular metal section with a couple of shutters - the sensors are underneath said shutters.

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 12:13 AM

F45-20 Color registration correction results in abnormality.
Printer control board (PRCB)
Color registration sensor /F (PS8)
Color registration sensor /R (PS9)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(8) Auto. color registration adjustment
Make this adjustment when there is a color registration error. The main scan, sub-scan, horizontal magnification and the skew of color registration
error are automatically adjusted.

This adjustment can be shown in the key operator mode by setting the DIPSW12-1 to 1.
Note:
• This auto. color registration adjustment has a larger correction area than that of the color registration auto correction in the user mode.
So, be sure to perform this adjustment when a SC45-20 occurs.

a. Procedure

1. Enter the 36 mode. Turn on main power switch while holding both keys 3 and 6 on control panel. Keep holding these keys until the screen changes to show you 36 mode.

2. "36 mode menu screen" Press the [2. Image adjustment] key.

3. "Image adjustment mode menu screen" Press the [2. Timing adjustment] key.

4. "Timing adjustment menu screen" Press the [8. Auto. color registration adj.] key.

5. "Color registration adj. screen" Press the [Start] key.

6. The color registration adjustment starts and a message "Complete" is shown in about 2 minutes. When the error message appears, perform an
error correction referring to the below.

• Error 1: It does not converge within the standard
value. The patch density may be too light. Check around the drum unit and perform the gamma automatic adjustment (0). Then perform this adjustment.

• Error 2: The difference of the color registration is too much.

• Error 3: The other error SC other than the color registration
automatic adjustment may occur.

Cycle main power after adjustment, close main door to check for SC code recurrence. Normally, this should be fine at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the machine continues to throw this code, mrwho has indicated where to look regarding registration sensors described at the top of my post. The attached files shows you what to look for and how to gain access to the sensor assembly. Make sure you turn main power off before removing process carriage assembly.

While you have the process carriage out, be sure to inspect the transfer belt on the carriage unit for damage. You might even have a piece of paper stuck to the belt by electrostatic charge.

If the code doesn't go away after verifying that everything visually looks ok, the sensor assembly might be defective, or the printer control board might be defective.

texchar555
10-28-2009, 03:43 AM
check the transfer belt it could be walking off the roller. Reset the belt and test.

doomblack
10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
thats an easy fix, buy a can of compressed air and spray the color registation sensors off, flip 'em up, spray/ then flip em down spray, should take care of that code no problem, happens once a week here.

bizman
11-19-2009, 09:09 PM
code 4901 bizhub 5510 plz help me for this

Nisar235
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
your dv uint and taransfar belt not good this part r

Streamline
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
This was great information. I have followed these steps but after running the Auto Color Registeration Adjustment in 36 mode, I recieve error code 2 - the difference of color registration is to much. How do I go about clearing that error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Stirton.M
02-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Cleaning the sensors is a first start if the problem is too much.

Check to make sure the assembly is level. It likely is, but there is a possibility.

Also, check the belt unit for proper alignment of the rollers. Check the bearings on all the primary rollers, including the tension roller, to ensure they are all ok and inside their respective holders. Any one of these that has popped out can cause problems. Also, check the belt tension levers for proper installation. The side that you take these off to remove the belt from the assembly could be the issue. Also, we have shortened the springs on both sides by a couple coils to increase tension.

Also, another issue found was that the whole assembly was loose, that is, the frame screws to the unit were loose enough that the unit itself could flex while in the machine. Simple to fix..remove the whole unit, remove the belt (as though a PM was being done) and loosen all the frame screws. Lie the unit on a flat surface so the whole unit is square to that surface. Tighten all the screws and reassemble.

It could very well be the registration sensor assembly itself that is at fault. Or there could be a problem with one of the drum units. Though both of these I doubt are the issue, never say never.

Streamline
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll check these things out

Streamline
02-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Machine is back on but the print quality is very bad. Cyan is blotchy and has lines in it. Black is blotchy. Magenta a yellow seem to be ok. Any Ideas.
Thanks for your help,
Bruce

RRodgers
02-05-2010, 05:21 AM
How many copies on the box again? Run the toner refresh in the Keyop mode. That should help with the "blotchyness"

Stirton.M
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Might need a PM on some things. Lines? Are they dark lines? If you do a halftone of each colour (CMYK), do you see darker areas, or white lines? Darker areas most likely is the charge wires, which can be cleaned. Look on the inside area of the toner hopper door, you will see two small little tab like plastic things near the transferbelt stand and jigs. They twist slightly and can be removed. Pull one out and it can be inserted on the bottom side of the charge assembly and rotated in such a way as to allow you to slide it along the charge wire, cleaning oxidation off. Most times this is sufficient. Do another test to see if this improves things or not. Check the counters relating to these as well. If they are at or above 100K, they should be replaced, including the grids. In some cases, wear on the surface of the drum will produce this problem too.

If there are white lines, check for dust in the lazer path. Clean the slit glass for each colour with a clean dry lint free cloth. Use compressed air to clean the path under each developer unit, but do not use full pressure. A light squirt of air through the area is usually enough. Any more than this and you will have a mess that requires you to pull the drum units out and so forth to clean up.

If toner refresh doesn't help with blotchyness, check the count on the developer. If the developer is at or near life (200K), replace the developer. This should be done as a set for all 4 colours at once preferably.

Streamline
02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I ran the toner refresh mode and got a SC29-19 error code. Any advice.
Thanks

RRodgers
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
I'd say leaky dev unit.

Stirton.M
02-06-2010, 07:33 AM
According to service manual, 29-19 refers to the following....

F29-19
Dot diameter adjustment control /Y resulted in an abnormality.
Potential problem areas:
Printer control board (PRCB)
Drum potential sensor board /Y (DRPSB Y)
Drum potential sensor /Y (DRPS Y)

You could try going into process adjust and perform a drum potential adjustment, that may correct the problem. If not, then look at the following....

Basic checks are to verify the potential sensor is clean. See first attached file for location of these sensors. Illustration in picture shows a long plastic guide just above the metal plates between the developer units and the drum units. There is a wire harness that sits inside the guide and comes through the front side of the process unit and plugs into the drum potential board that is under the black plastic cover on the front side of the process carriage. See attached file two for the location of those boards.

If everything looks clean, relative to what RRodgers is speaking about, you may have to look further by swapping the yellow sensor unit with another colour. Leave the boards where they are for now, just swap the sensor. If you get a service code 29-20, and you swapped with magenta, the sensor is at fault. Code 29-21 is cyan and 29-22 is black, for reference if you swapped yellow with either of these two sensors.

If the code remains at 29-19, then swap the sensor board on the front of the carriage with another colour. If the problem moves to the swapped colour, then the sensor board itself is at fault.

If the code never changes at all and you have verified everything is nice and clean and checked that everything is sitting correctly, the likely it is the PRCB that is damaged. You will have to swap out the board with another one and/or send the board in for repair.

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
02-08-2010, 03:49 AM
clean ps8 & ps9 pull out image assy// look on left side sensor assy can be removed easly if you have
long arms

Streamline
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks Mike,
Can you tell me where the slit glasses are? I can't seem to find them in the service manual.

Stirton.M
02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
The slit glass themselves are located on the main frame. If you have the process unit pushed in and locked, look to the right side of the developer units, you will see 4 black plastic tabs poking out. In the previous response of mine showing the images, the first image, on the right side of the picture, you can see a couple of those black tabs on the mainbody frame. You can also see them in the last image of my first post, again on the right side of the image. Pulling these straight out will reveal the slit glass. Try not to scratch or damage these. Do not use any chemicals to clean them. Lint free cloth is the best for cleaning, just ensure they are dust free.

If you are still having problems, post a scanned image of all 4 half tones. I recommend pattern 53 at a density of 120-150 for all colours. In the case of yellow, I recommend you blend yellow with another cyan or magenta (or coloured paper) so any defects in yellow can be seen. Usually I make yellow dominant...150 for yellow, 100 for the blended second colour. Use largest format possible, preferably 13x19. Paper thickness is not important.

hambergm
02-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info, it was really helpful

I ran the auto color adjustment and received an error 2. Can someone detail the process for removing the process unit and replacing the color registration unit? In the 30 minutes I got to look at the machine I wasn't able to figure out how to remove the process unit from the rollers.

Can you also provide how to change out a drum?

If anyone has a copy of the repair manual for this unit, please contact me...

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
02-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info, it was really helpful

I ran the auto color adjustment and received an error 2. Can someone detail the process for removing the process unit and replacing the color registration unit? In the 30 minutes I got to look at the machine I wasn't able to figure out how to remove the process unit from the rollers.

Can you also provide how to change out a drum?

If anyone has a copy of the repair manual for this unit, please contact me...

i have a C500 s/m 6.91 mb how do you want it sent

Nisar235
02-13-2010, 08:11 PM
hi
you must have to replace the transfer belt unit your problem will remove incase it did not remove then also replace the all developing units and this way your problem will remove permanently.
regards,
Nisar Khan,
Pakistan

Stirton.M
02-13-2010, 11:00 PM
hi
you must have to replace the transfer belt unit your problem will remove incase it did not remove then also replace the all developing units and this way your problem will remove permanently.
regards,
Nisar Khan,
Pakistan

Perhaps you should be paying attention to the WHOLE thread of the conversation. This is the third post I noticed you came in and failed at paying attention to that. Replacement of the belt or the developing units has been ruled out.

anothertech
02-19-2010, 07:28 PM
When I get this code, I go in and turn off color reg adjustment, then run the machine to see if any sc29 codes pop up. You have said a 29 code for yellow popped up, try swapping the drum and charge corona with another color to see if the code changes to the other color, and if you have not already changed the developer, you should change all four regardless of the copy count. These are great machines, but you've got to PM them.

Custom Search