PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c352 now with c1180

Custom Search

axyun
10-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Had a c1190 caused by stapler being blocked out-of-position lift plate. I disconnected finisher(fs-514) but code is now c1180 and did not reset with off and on of main switch or opening and closing of front door. I did not have the alternative reset procedure with me where you turn on the main power switch while holding down utility/counter etc.
If this reset procedure does not work should I assume a blown ICP due to overtaxing of stapler motor and defensive blow of ICP. As I have no experience on this machine are ICPs on main board and how do I determine a bad one(lack of continuity)? Don't know what an ICP is. Just assuming it works like a fuse to protect circuit.
Also, when disconnecting fs-514 was I also supposed to go into service mode and somehow tell machine to no longer expect a finisher connection? Your input is very much appreciated. Fran/ActionPhotocopy

axyun
10-26-2009, 05:33 AM
I was going thru service manual and realize I misread the trouble code and it must have been a C11B0, a stapler drive code, not C1180. I am going back tomorrow morning and will try resetting trouble code thru service mode which I did not do other day. If it doesn't reset with FS-514 finisher disconnected should I be looking at the PHICB board for something blown? Frank

Stirton.M
10-26-2009, 10:39 AM
You should have kept in the original thread...this problem was related to that one.

The code you mentioned, yes, is the stapler drive code. Essentially, it is given when the staple unit is unable to move if I recall. I had the impression you had the finisher off the machine? If so, the main body without the finisher should not be in a code event. That said....some code events are troublesome.

The trick with the utility key is for what I refer to as hard failures. Not the right term for it, but essentially there is a serious error and the machine locks up with a code. Such things would be like a fuser abnormal temperature error. The machine will refuse to reset with simply opening or closing the door (absolutely NO change in the display), or cycling the main power. This is a fire hazard. Forces a tech to look at the machine preferably to determine if it is ok to proceed. Turn main power off, hold utility down while powering on, wait for hour glass screen with a DOT in upper right corner of screen. Wait a few minutes or so and eventually a button will appear on the screen. Press this and the machine will indicate ok and to cycle power.

Another method of clearing a code if opening the main door fails, is to cycle the power. Unlike the previous example, when you open the main door, the control screen SHOULD show you a picture of the machine with a door open indication. Sometimes, when the machine is operating printing a job, a code event may happen, and lock the machine up. A jam has also occurred at this time. But you cannot see the jam because of the code. Well, you cannot clear the code because of the jam. Bit of a pickle eh? Cycle the power switch will usually reveal if a jam was present. Clear the jam and the machine should be operating fine after that.

As for ICP, Integrated Circuit Protector. These are on several places of many of the PWBs in the machine. They look like surface mount capacitors, are white in colour and have designation ICP written in silkscreen beside them. These are actually fuses. I do not recommend you try to fix these yourself. You can test for continuity on them, but anything beyond that, send the board to KM for service.

Possible failed areas are on the finisher board (metal box that hangs by a swing under horizontal portion) or the PRCB.

I doubt you blew a fuse though. Check to make sure you put everything back together properly before proceeding in that direction.

axyun
10-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Thank you very much Stirton M. That should be a great help to me. You have given all the help I could hope for. I did not think to check for a jam as I didn't get me to ready at any time always warmup and then loud racket from stapler trying to move when it couldn't. I tried reassembling lift plate and stapler position but failed due possibly my inability to position lift plate in a stable position. I got ezasperated and decided to reasemble at my place.
Front pin and rubber holder missing. I disconnected , took back to my place and have temporarily improvised by speading open and inserting a small paper clip thru front side of lift plate and did a 360 to hold it in position. I checked with rear end and lift plate appears to move back and forth with no obvious hitches. I put the stapler back in thru front and it appears to manually glide back and forth along rails with no resistance. Myonly apprehension in this is that if everything isnt line up 100% the actual testing when disconnecting could be a bummer. You had given step by step direction so as to be able to see installing of lift plate and its proper placement but I was apprehesive about taking too much apart on a first call on an unknown machine and did not want to potentially cause another problem for myself. If test of finisher fails i will look at causing factor(code etc.) and if i have to I will disect at that point or inquire about another preowned FS-514. There was some physical abuse to machine as witnessed by missin rubber stopper and pin and finisher base wheels were bent at 45% angle and a couple of other obvious though maybe not crucial injuries to machine. Thanks again for all your valuable information. Frank

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 12:29 AM
There was some physical abuse to machine as witnessed by missin rubber stopper and pin and finisher base wheels were bent at 45% angle and a couple of other obvious though maybe not crucial injuries to machine. Thanks again for all your valuable information. Frank

The damage to the base wheels may have precipitated the problem. When there is insufficient balance to this finisher, the paper fails to exit properly and tends to get caught up at the rollers. This is exacerbated if the user had used cheap paper and failed to load the paper tray with the right side up (arrow indicator on paper packaging). Excessive curl can occur and the paper literally rolls up inside the exit area like a tube. Operator cannot remove paper normally, goes through stapler area to remove jam, and carelessness in removing jam causes the rest.

Correct the position of the castors before you attach the horizontal unit. Removal of the elevator unit from the base greatly aids in this. When you put everything back together, as I mentioned elsewhere, make sure the left most castors are extended more than the right castors of the finisher, to make it lean towards the main body of the copier. This should correct any imbalance.

axyun
10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks again Stirton M. I went back to customer and discovered that I will need to order parts for finisher. The flat ribbon cable was severed and so the stapler board w/ribbon cable will need to be ordered with pin#2? if that is pin that goes thru lift plate before stopper goes on and rubber stopper#6. Would you pleas give me the part #s for these 3 items as the service manual set I have does not include the parts manual for the fs-514 or anything similar. I just ordered a more inclusive set of 2 dvds which will have quite large # of equipment manuals but I don't expect it for a few days. The sites I normally go to to download that I paid an annual payment to don't have that parts manual. I believe I may have caused the flat ribbon cable to sever when i was unscrewing board from stapler at front side of finisher in order at access the lift plate more properly.
When I arrive at customers office the lift plate had shifted out of position again during transportation though I thought had secured it enough for with tape before leaving. Thanks again . Frank C

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 02:02 PM
no problem...

Ribbon cable and boards

9J08 6051 04 FNS PWB ASSEMBLY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pin

9J08 2106 01 SHAFT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the stopper

9J08 2104 01 COLLAR

axyun