PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 lost its mind.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
10-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Bizhub 600, will power up and come to ready. Put paper in doc feed and push button and she pulls and scans. Nothing in the body of the machine moves or makes a noise. After about 2 seconds, the time it would take the paper to get through the finisher, the exit end of the finisher actuates as if spitting out a piece of paper. The machine sits and after about 5 seconds it does it again. It will stay stuck in this loop unless you stop the job. Same result if you do an internal test print. Of course the first thing I did was reload the firmware, but that did nothing. Any ideas????

Herrmann
10-26-2009, 10:51 PM
sounds strange... first thing i would try, is disonnecting all peripherials an try to fire up the *naked* mashine. What happens then?

RRodgers
10-27-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd check your corona's and make sure nothing is arking.

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Bizhub 600, will power up and come to ready. Put paper in doc feed and push button and she pulls and scans. Nothing in the body of the machine moves or makes a noise. After about 2 seconds, the time it would take the paper to get through the finisher, the exit end of the finisher actuates as if spitting out a piece of paper. The machine sits and after about 5 seconds it does it again. It will stay stuck in this loop unless you stop the job. Same result if you do an internal test print. Of course the first thing I did was reload the firmware, but that did nothing. Any ideas????

Might be corrupted firmware, or a corrupted system state.

Try doing an initialize in tech rep mode first. Before you do so, make sure you backup any user data like one touch programs, box data and copy track data. Also, make a note of all network settings, including scan to email and so forth. Initialize will clear ALL of these entries. The idea, bring the machine to factory defaults. The hard drive will be disabled, and if there is a fax option installed, that will also be disabled. When the machine is back in a ready state, enter tech rep and re-enable the hard drive and fax card (if installed). Reset your network settings, scan to email and the like, upload your user data and see if the machine behaves.

If it still behaves the way you described, do a firmware update.

fixthecopier
10-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the reply, although I did not state it, doing a reinitializing is one of the first things I would do, just basic stuff for brain problems, and as stated I already did the firmware. Due to security reasons, the machine is plain, no fax, no print control, no scan and absolutely no hard drive. The problem seems similar to when you get toner on the patch sensor and it just sits there, but the sorter actuating is really stumping me.

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the reply, although I did not state it, doing a reinitializing is one of the first things I would do, just basic stuff for brain problems, and as stated I already did the firmware. Due to security reasons, the machine is plain, no fax, no print control, no scan and absolutely no hard drive. The problem seems similar to when you get toner on the patch sensor and it just sits there, but the sorter actuating is really stumping me.

Sorry, I wasn't fully reading what you had done....This from the tsb on that machine....had you checked this?

Solution ID TAUS0702825EN* Solution Usage
Description
The elevator tray continually jogs up and down. No codes are indicated.
Solution
CAUSE: Failed conveyance motor (M1).
SOLUTION: Replace the finisher conveyance motor (p/n 56AA 8011 2).

If you disconnect the finisher, does it allow prints?

fixthecopier
10-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Good point, I did not get that far yet. Because of unforeseen issues, it took three trips to get the firmware installed, [laptop at home, driving to shop to write it], and I had to go kill a couple of more work orders before the end of day. I have it posted as a fresh question on the solutions database and will go back tomorrow to do ....something.

JustManuals
10-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Would a 'FREE' copy of the service manual help?

Paul

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Man, the number of times I've done something similar....a homer moment would hit me....

Not so often on the base tools I use, but once in a while, I need a "special" tool at home and forget to put it back in the case...and wouldn't ya know, that next day I would NEED that specific tool. Out comes that standard excuse...be right back, I need a 'part'.

Another idea that occured to me...maybe NVRAM is failing? Or one of the memory modules is bad? NVRAM may be worth a look with a spare if the finisher isn't to blame. I've seen a couple machines do some strange stuff with bad ram.

fixthecopier
10-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the offer Paul. I have a complete library of Konica Minolta and Ricoh. I did not find the manual to be a wealth of info on this problem. If I am going to wing it, I already have decided that the first board to go would be the one I loaded firmware on. I have a short attention span and there is a lot of words in those manuals. If all else fails, I will try the Vulcan mind meld and become "one" with the machine. But that may make things worse for the machine. Sometimes my motherboard does not have all the circuits working properly.

DallasTech
10-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the offer Paul. I have a complete library of Konica Minolta and Ricoh. I did not find the manual to be a wealth of info on this problem. If I am going to wing it, I already have decided that the first board to go would be the one I loaded firmware on. I have a short attention span and there is a lot of words in those manuals. If all else fails, I will try the Vulcan mind meld and become "one" with the machine. But that may make things worse for the machine. Sometimes my motherboard does not have all the circuits working properly.

LMAO....

I've had a few problems lately with the Image Control boards on the bizhub 600's. It's the one with the print controller,memory, rj45, etc. One was causing a freezing situation where the control panel would lock up and the other one wouldn't print, just flash the data light.

fixthecopier
10-28-2009, 12:20 AM
OK, today we had fun with Bizhubs. As luck would have it we have a 600 in the shop that is new, but not working. It was damaged in the warehouse when some wires got pulled out of the harness after some dumbass left it exposed after robbing it of a board. The service manager has all new boards in it but could not get firmware to load. This is my parts machine. I went out today and changed the system control board. When I put it in the first time, All I got was the hourglass, firmware would not load. I put old board back in, still booted up. I put new board back in and all I got was a black screen. SHIT!! I put old board back in and all I got was a black screen. SHITx2!!! Took it all apart, went outside walked around a while, came back, put old board back in and it booted up. Put new board in and it booted up, and I loaded firmware, and then had the same result as when I started. Put old board back in. At this point, I decided to leave and go do other things. I already used the PRCB on another machine, so all I really have is the image control unit to swap. Taking the sorter off made no difference. If the machine cycles a few times like it does, sometimes it will stop with a false jam at point 11, but nothing has moved.

Stirton.M
10-28-2009, 01:31 AM
The joy of unnecessary stress from an errant "new" board.

System control board perhaps? Or as I have a nagging feeling NVRAM may be at fault on that board...IC Board (IC 202).. can't hurt to swap that to see if the machine behaves.

thuo
10-28-2009, 07:38 AM
once encountered such a problem .pull out the imaging unit. clean the two sensors adjacent to the drum unit.try whether it worksfor you.

fixthecopier
10-28-2009, 10:26 PM
And the winner is........Image control board. Your prize is in the mail.

Custom Search