PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishing C250 Image units

Custom Search

macca
10-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi all,

We are looking at the option of refurbishing our C250 Image units with Rebuild kits. (Drum, Blade & Reset Chip). So we have tried a couple and our success rate has been ZERO...... The quality is terrible.

Has anyone done these before with any success???

Maybe its our drums & blades???
The state of the developer in the image units.??

Or are we just not doing it Right????
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi all,

We are looking at the option of refurbishing our C250 Image units with Rebuild kits. (Drum, Blade & Reset Chip). So we have tried a couple and our success rate has been ZERO...... The quality is terrible.

Has anyone done these before with any success???

Maybe its our drums & blades???
The state of the developer in the image units.??

Or are we just not doing it Right????
any help would be greatly appreciated.

We looked at this in Calgary.

In short...not worth the time and energy, at least from a tech point of view.

macca
11-04-2009, 04:33 AM
We looked at this in Calgary.

In short...not worth the time and energy, at least from a tech point of view.

Yeah the time and energy doe not appear that bad.
20 Minutes to clean and replace. But the quality is just terrible.

There are plenty of companies out there selling these drums and blades for the C250, but is everyone having similar quality issues?

Any help or Tips would be greatly appreciated.

serginho_vl
11-07-2009, 11:57 PM
My problem is with the developer - not with drums, blades or chips. (BTW Katun sells chips that work)
This site in Turkey claims to have DEVELOPER
Developer / Carrier / Minolta Developer / Bizhub Developer / Develop Carrier / inneo Developer (http://www.chipreseting.com/developer_carier.asp)
Has anybody tried it? Does it work?

rtcoop
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Are you having any error codes when you re-chip the IU, or are you just getting poor copy quality? When we re-chip we get TCR codes because of the depleted developer in the IU. The customer keeps having to open and close the front door to get the code to go away.

serginho_vl
11-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Once I got a code when rechipping, but it was for the yellow IU and I had re-chipped the magenta IU :D. For the rest didn't get codes, just poor image quality, toner/developer spills, color lines and so on... But make sure you re-chip before the "change unit" message appears... and after you re-chip don't perform calibration - cause the colors will go crazy.

serginho_vl
11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Anybody found developer/starter fot the C250 IU's?

robizhub
11-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Also I rebuid Image units for at least a year. The image is good!
I have also the problem with the developer but from my experience the developer are enough for ONE rebuilding! ( maximum 2)
There are 2 problem:
1. easy to fix - the UI cip wich are essential to be a new one ( are relative cheap 10 USD) - because the machine are must to do the calibration and initialization
2. not easy to solve - because I coudn't find the "sponge" with are seall the drum at the edges AND SO the image unit are drawing colour line ( depend the colour of image units cyan, magenta and so...) at the paper margins sides (in special when the paper are maximum wide 310mm)
Please excuse my english!
I give information for anyone wants to rebuid the UI for free!:)

Custom Search