PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Konica 7045 - LIGHT COPY

Custom Search

acidbag
10-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Hello!

I bought a refurbished Konica 7045 machines, there is no Company carrying this model here, and the company that does carry Konica only has Konica 7033 and you cant buy parts from them unless you bought the machine from them, which i didnt.

Now the problem is, when it was time to replace the drum, i bought a "compatible" drum, developer and cleaning blade. I calibrated after installation as instructed by the Supplier's tech via phone, since im located across the sea from my supplier. When i test print, the copies were very light.

I dont have a tech nearby who knows the machine so i have to live with the phone tech instructions. He got me to print the adjustment list, i corrected everything from the HV adjustment list, except for Dmax LED, and L detection, since he said you cant set it to default once you calibrated the new drum and developer. I also did Toner Auto Supply and still no improvement. My copies are light, clean but very light, its gray.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

My old drum had really good copies but since there were already marks on the copies so it had to be replaced.

arisalonica
11-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Hello,
I think a quick way is to replace again the drum with the old one and if the copies are good you probably have a bad "compatible" drum.
Also have you done the density adj. in 36 mode according the service book?
If you don't because you haven't the book i can sent to you via "you send it".

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Hello!

I bought a refurbished Konica 7045 machines, there is no Company carrying this model here, and the company that does carry Konica only has Konica 7033 and you cant buy parts from them unless you bought the machine from them, which i didnt.

Is that a Konica Minolta dealer you are speaking of. If so....

Just because you didn't buy the machine from the local office, doesn't mean you cannot buy the parts from them. Though I suspect this might have been simply a misunderstanding, I cannot for the life of me understand why they would not sell you the items, afterall, a sale is a sale, they make money regardless if you bought the machine from them. The way I see it, you might be a potential buyer of our product in the future.

Have you went into the office personally and spoke with the service manager? Or did you speak to some peon on the phone who was likely an idiot?

Contact the branch manager locally, or the service manager. Failing that, contact Konica Minolta in Japan. COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN. It may take a bit of work, but someone should get back to you with a positive response.

acidbag
11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Hello,
I think a quick way is to replace again the drum with the old one and if the copies are good you probably have a bad "compatible" drum.
Also have you done the density adj. in 36 mode according the service book?
If you don't because you haven't the book i can sent to you via "you send it".

Thank you. I was able to download a service manual from the net but i wont mind seeing what i missed.

My copy quality had improved but when i do duplex copy using the printer the other side is clean and copy quality had improved but the other side is almost invisible. Its like seeing a ghost copy, u can make out the prints but theyre almost unreadable, like a film negative only its white.

acidbag
11-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Is that a Konica Minolta dealer you are speaking of. If so....

Just because you didn't buy the machine from the local office, doesn't mean you cannot buy the parts from them. Though I suspect this might have been simply a misunderstanding, I cannot for the life of me understand why they would not sell you the items, afterall, a sale is a sale, they make money regardless if you bought the machine from them. The way I see it, you might be a potential buyer of our product in the future.

Have you went into the office personally and spoke with the service manager? Or did you speak to some peon on the phone who was likely an idiot?

Contact the branch manager locally, or the service manager. Failing that, contact Konica Minolta in Japan. COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN. It may take a bit of work, but someone should get back to you with a positive response.

Thats how it is here sadly. I went to their office and called their Manila office and its the same. They either tell me they dont have parts available or they dont sell to people who didnt buy from them.

The distributor for old Konica here is UBIX. Copylandia carries Konica Minolta. U cant buy from any of them unless the machine came from them.

I also have a Kyocera Mita and the manager is worse.

acidbag
11-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Here are samples of the light copy prints. Two are printed directly from pc to copier printer and the other two using the duplex setting of the ADU.

cappa1500
11-04-2009, 07:41 PM
remove filter from the extractor fan at back of fuser unit and see what happens . i have had many poor quality issues when this gets dirty

ebm
11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Here are samples of the light copy prints. Two are printed directly from pc to copier printer and the other two using the duplex setting of the ADU.

Which side is the duplexed side? Have you tried a "new", unopened, ream of paper? If the second side comes out fine, you may have excessive moisture in the paper. Running the paper thru the front side dries it up in the fuser, so the second side comes out ok.

acidbag
11-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Which side is the duplexed side? Have you tried a "new", unopened, ream of paper? If the second side comes out fine, you may have excessive moisture in the paper. Running the paper thru the front side dries it up in the fuser, so the second side comes out ok.

Image 1 & 2 are duplex prints from the copier printer.

Image 3 & 4 are duplex copy from the ADF.

I already tried changing with 3 new reams of paper and i got the same result. I have Kyocera Mita and i used the same paper that resulted to light copy on that machine and it printed just fine using duplex.

ebm
11-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Image 1 & 2 are duplex prints from the copier printer.

Image 3 & 4 are duplex copy from the ADF.

I already tried changing with 3 new reams of paper and i got the same result. I have Kyocera Mita and i used the same paper that resulted to light copy on that machine and it printed just fine using duplex.

When the duplex (2-sided)copies come out on the exit, Image 1/3 face down or Image 2/4 face down? In other words, which images are the side of the paper that got copied on first?
Also, if the old drum worked fine you might want to try replacing again. Although I cannot figure why the drum would copy one side light and one side good on a 2-sided copy.

Stirton.M
11-05-2009, 05:55 AM
When the duplex (2-sided)copies come out on the exit, Image 1/3 face down or Image 2/4 face down? In other words, which images are the side of the paper that got copied on first?
Also, if the old drum worked fine you might want to try replacing again. Although I cannot figure why the drum would copy one side light and one side good on a 2-sided copy.

I agree with the moisture assessment.

Place a blank white sheet on the glass and make 20 copies of that white sheet.

Then load those 20 sheets back in the tray and make normal copies/prints and observe results. If ALL the 20 prints come out fine, moisture is the problem. Simply being, there is no reason the machine would be fine on side 2, but not on side one.

acidbag
11-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Problem solved by adjusting on HV Adjustment the following:

- Transfer
- Separation AC
- Separation DC

the duplex copy is now ok.

Thanks for the replies.

fernan
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
which is which?
sample 1&3 is your 1st side copy and the 2&4 is the 2nd side copy if its like this it seems you have a moisturized paper.....

acidbag
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM

Image 1 and 2 face down.
The ghost copy is face down.

Custom Search