PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-450 with Pi-5500, no letter

Custom Search

Hansoon
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Minolta Di-450 with Pi-5500, no Letter.

Customer needs to print on Letter format instead of the European A4.

Machine has been equipped with Letter size paper and the display shows accordingly. Copying on Letter is possible. However, when printing it defaults to A4 regardless of the settings in the driver and Word2000.

All settings in Word are changed to Letter as well as all possible settings in the driver and the Fiery web interface are changed to Letter as well. The default tray is set to the one having the Letter format. The "Convert A4-US Letter" box, which we have in our Word2000, is unticked.

When printing the machine chooses however A4, briefly showing in the display Letter from the default tray.

I tried even a new printer driver install using the US Pi-5500 driver with all settings and default tray of course to Letter.

What am I missing??

Hans

Dedotch
10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Go to the printer in the printers and faxes page from control panel of the computer you are on. Right click on the printer-click properties-click printing preferences. Change it there and it will stay.

Hansoon
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
I did already but no way it prints on Letter.

I even changed the Marketing Area of the machine to MC instead of our usual ME.

?????

Hans

Dedotch
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Is word the only program causing the problem? What about a PDF? Can you send a file directly to the printer? ie bypass the driver. Have you tried another drawer. Even though it says letter it may be sending A4 to the print engine. Does it ask for A4 or just print off the page? Just thoughts you don't have to answer them.

Dedotch
10-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Is the machine set to metric?

Hansoon
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Is the machine set to metric?

Where are the settings to remove it from metric? Isn't that done by changing the marketing area from ME to MC?

Copying on Letter functions even if set to the ME settings. Its only when printing this problem occurs.

Thanks

Hans

Stirton.M
10-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Minolta Di-450 with Pi-5500

Going by what you said here. Since you are able to print to it, it obviously is networked and configured.

You can web into the machine. Use IE (preferably) or another browser to access the settings. Type in the IP address of the copier, no http and crap needed, just the numeric address, press enter.

You should get the web interface of the copier, known as PageScope.

At the bottom left of the page, you should see an icon link called "webtools"

Click that.

A new page will appear (assuming Java has been installed in browser)

Select "WebSetup" from the new menu.

Another popup menu will appear. From here, you can access "printer setup".

Under that section, look for the section regarding paper size
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Default Paper Sizes—Specify whether to print on US paper sizes (for example, letter, legal, tabloid), or Metric paper sizes (for example, A4 and A3) by default. When no page size is defined within a PostScript file, jobs are printed on letter paper if you select US, or A4 paper if you select Metric.

Convert Paper Sizes—Specify whether to convert paper sizes in documents
automatically to the default paper sizes specified. For example, if you select Letter/11x17->A4/A3, a letter size job is automatically printed on A4 paper. If you select No, the Pi6500 Pro prints the job only if it finds a media source in the size specified by the job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The interface you are looking at is a standard Fiery interface, most Fiery devices are essentially the same, though the newer ones have a much nicer interface and features. But they all have similar sections with similar setting options. The control panel on the fiery itself, the PI-5500, has several buttons. The middle button of the three below the screen brings up the sub menu display, the arrows above and below are scrolls, the buttons on the right of the screen are to select the current menu display options. You can print out a configuration page from here to quickly show you the above setting entries so you can know for sure if that is where the problem lies.

I could not find a 5500 manual for this online, but as I said, the web interface is mostly universal. The outer case of this fiery is also similar to the PI-6500 Pro, which I also had a hard time finding manuals on.

This link...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4758&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

a web site available to Konica Minolta users. This link is for the 6500e variant, which is an embedded model. The control panel for it is actually part of the copier control panel, however, there is little difference in the area that you require, specifically the configuration guide, found at the top of the list. This will outline what I had described with respect to the web interface.

Hansoon
10-28-2009, 03:38 AM
:):):)

Stirton.M you got me the solution and saved me a lot of headache, thanks very much for your efforts!

The Fiery overrides everything else. Regardless the settings in the drivers and/or Word, as long as the settings in the Fiery are A4 and or convert US Letter to A4 it wants to print out on A4.

I'm still surprised that one can learn everyday again something new in this field. This equipment is with me since more than seven years and I never realized that one day these settings could be of importance.

Many thanks Gentlemen.

Hans
http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.google.com/favicon.ico (http://www.google.com/search?q=Stirton.M%20you%20got%20me%20the%20soluti on,%20thanks%20very%20much%21%0D%0A%0D%0AThe%20Fie ry%20overrides%20everything%20else.%20Regardless%2 0the%20settings%20in%20the%20drivers%20and/or%20Word,%20as%20long%20as%20the%20settings%20in% 20the%20Fiery%20are%20A4%20and%20or%20convert%20US %20Letter%20to%20A4%20it%20wants%20to%20print%20ou t%20on%20A4.%0D%0A%0D%0AMany%20thanks%20Gentlemen. %0D%0A%0D%0AHans)http://www.babylon.com/favicon.ico

Stirton.M
10-28-2009, 06:04 AM
not a problem

yer welcome:)

Custom Search