PDA

View Full Version : New Sharp copiers

Custom Search

Agent86
02-16-2007, 06:19 AM
Doe anyone have an opinion on the newer Sharp machines? Are they any better then the stuff they had a few years ago? how about the new color machines?

johnbla
02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Which ones the ARM's, the MX coloUr range or the MXM's that are about to appear?

Wild Bill
02-17-2007, 09:16 AM
What I have seen the ARM Series fixed a lot of problems the AR series had. I don't have that many anymore since I replaced them with Ricoh. But I would stay away from the small desktops. Selling them I mean. That is unless you like pain. I still like the AR 286/336 series but again the newer stuff has to be even better. If I had my choice I would place Ricoh desktops like Aficio 1515 for small stuff or Samsung/Copystar and Ricoh all the way to 70 CPM

Agent86
02-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Which ones the ARM's, the MX coloUr range or the MXM's that are about to appear?

I'm talking about the MX series.

johnbla
02-17-2007, 08:07 PM

have 10 or so in the field, mix of MX27's & MX35's some with up to 200k on the clock.

Used for Business ColoUr and light graphic's only, they are generally good and after the Mods to PTB cleaner unit and Firmware up-grades, they run well. Few calls after the initial problems.

Easy to TCPIP to Networks and as stand alone printers, Sharp have sorted out the install software ... finally

The paper 'weight' through the By-pass, is only good to about 200gsm.

Easy 'plug & Play' Firmware up-grade, via USB or Network.

Initial set-up can cost [doesn't come with any Dev/Toners] that alone can take a big slice of profit margin.

Newman
02-20-2007, 05:35 AM
The Sharp MX machines are better than the older color machines (Cs and BCs) but that's not saying much! The AR-Cs and BCs SUCK! The MXs are starting to have some eratic problems that seem to go away by re-seating connectors...not very confidence inspiring!

Newman

johnbla
02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
'Sharps SUCK!', nice first post.. Welcome

Most Brands Suck in one way or another, the AR-C's and BC's weren't the best, but certainly not the worst on the market, likewise the MX range, everything is 'price relative'.

The more you work on a Brand/Range of machines, the better you know their idiosyncracies, most have 'Design' faults, which as Engineers we would have built differently......

The 'eratic problems that seem to go away by re-seating connectors', have had that on one machine, with the ADF sensors, but cleared up when the lastest Firmware was installed.

Custom Search