PDA

View Full Version : P-7 P-8 P-21 No magenta or yellow! Bizhub C253 Olivetti MF250

Custom Search

pajeroid
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Good morning,

Just fitted last night a new black IU chip and fuse for the transfer belt (seperatley) to a machine in the field and the magenta and yellow has almost dissapeared.

Please see the attached PDF for the magenta problem. This was supposed to be a full page of magenta.

The yellow is even worse, with only a very light edge in yellow colour.

The P codes weren't there before fitting the IU chip and the fuse in the transfer belt - do you think it has blown an IPC?

Any clues? :confused:

pepper38_cnd
10-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I would start by trying another Transfer Belt. I had the same type of problem after changing print heads, I revisited my print head installation and even tried a second set of heads assuming I had done something wrong on the PH install. After wasting more than 2 hours, It turned out to be the Belt.

Stirton.M
10-29-2009, 07:46 PM
if you have used spare IUs, try swapping. I suspect you have bad IUs.

buster68
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
I've seen this quite a bit on the C352. You'll need to replace the yellow and magenta IUs along with a new transfer belt kit, including the image transfer roller...your current one is probably full of yellow or magenta developer by now. Please be sure the hv contacts on the front, and the hv contact springs in the back are clean...these are the contacts for the imaging units. The springs in the back also have a bad habit of sticking inside their assembly. After you have all that installed, do a reset stabilizer, turn the copier off and back on, then run gradation for all three modes.

pajeroid
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
I would start by trying another Transfer Belt. I had the same type of problem after changing print heads, I revisited my print head installation and even tried a second set of heads assuming I had done something wrong on the PH install. After wasting more than 2 hours, It turned out to be the Belt.

Many thanks Pepper - it was indeed the belt! They must have an electrical component somewhere in there then, as nothing looks damaged physically.

And like you say, I wasted 2 hours at the job before posting this trying weird and wonderful things, one to watch out for guys and gals.

:eek:

pepper38_cnd
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks Pajeroid

My theory on this is, that when removing the belt you must be careful to lift both sides evenly and pull the belt straight out. Any twisting or flexing causes one end of the transfer roller inside the belt assy to pop out of it's holder at one end, it is usually the yellow for some reason. This is only a theory as the one we had go was returned for warranty so I couldn't crack it open and see what went wrong.

Custom Search