PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub 350/nec3530

Custom Search

hodgiepodgie
10-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok customer sends print job, job does not print, or stays in copier but does not print.lihgt flashing customer says went all night did not print. Does not matter 2 pages or 50 pages.basic setup.ALSO HOW DO I GET INTO SERVICE MODE.

Juggy
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi, They way you say it looks like print with authentication has been enabled in the machine so i the driver you need to select authenication menu and enter the user name and password. It should work.

TheOwl
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I would maybe start with updating the print driver and then if that doesn't help, try the firmware as well.

Tech Rep Mode on this machine is the same as other Konica Minolta devices.

Is this happening every job? If so, try the following to see if you get a print out of the machine.

Start - Run - cmd

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 9100 (replace x's with the IP address of the copier)
Type anything into promt (all you should get is a flashing cursor and as you type, nothing will be displayed.
Click on the X to force close the telnet session
Your printer should now print out what ever you typed into the prompt.

I use this all the time to see if it is a print driver issue or a machine issue. Please note that this won't work if User Authentication / Account Track is enabled.

Stirton.M
11-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Ok customer sends print job, job does not print, or stays in copier but does not print.lihgt flashing customer says went all night did not print. Does not matter 2 pages or 50 pages.basic setup.ALSO HOW DO I GET INTO SERVICE MODE.

Another thing, check how they are printing the document. Did they actually print it or send it to secure print or print to box?

mdavin
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
To get into the service mode on a NEC 3530 you pres acess **** at the utility screen the start light will blink select maintenance than select service mode, make sure to reset the machine after your done, the customer can do some funky stuff to the meter if you leave it in the service mode, but I doubt anything in the service mode would help you with this issue. From what I can understand the job is getting to the copier but its not printing, does the job show in the job list? If so what does it say? As others said check if the customer is sending it as a secure print. I would got to nec's site dsd.necunified.com and download the latest driver and make sure to use the correct driver for the OS... After that I would update the firmware. After that I would rom flash the machine leaving just the destinations. These nec machines while are very similar to the Bizhub are 100% NEC firmware and it shows I get more abort codes on the NEC 30's than any minolta in the field.

hodgiepodgie
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
this is a bizhub 350 service mode not same as nec . i only have an nec manual nec will not help w/bizhub.so at this time i still cannot access service mode. and have not found cause of print job issue. ok print job is diplayed at copier says printing sand says what job and by who would there be error codes

Stirton.M
11-06-2009, 08:06 AM
To enter service mode

Utility key.

Select counter and then detail on left side of display. You should see a counter screen that allows you to "print" the counter list. Don't print. Follow the next sequence.

tap STOP-0-0-STOP-0-1 on key panel

You should be in service mode.

This problem may or may not be resolvable in service. If you are not getting a service code displayed on the panel during normal operation, that is not the problem.

You have not indicated if you tried any of our suggestions so its a bit of a crap shoot to know which direction to guide you. Is copy/authentication track enabled? Is the user using the correct print driver. Is the print driver configured properly (the options of the machine set), and if copy/authentication is enabled on the copier, is the user typing in the proper code to allow the print? Or for that matter, have user codes been set up in copy/authentication tracking settings? Is the user trying to print to a secure box via driver output settings? Are they trying to print to box via driver output settings?

mdavin
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
OK I miss-under stood you I thought you where working with an NEC. If the job is showing up in the job list and just hanging there its more than likely not an authentication issue, authentication would delete the job. I'm sure a firmware upgrade would address your issue. But like Stirton says we don't know what you have or have not tried the more info you give us on what you have done the better.

Custom Search