PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 slow printing of PDFs

Custom Search

fixthecopier
10-30-2009, 03:18 AM
I have this machine set up as a print scan copy. Only about 3 months now. They called and said it was taking an unreasonable amount of time to print. Sometimes 10 to 15 min for a page. I ask them to load PS drivers and use this to print the PDF. They say all other stuff prints normal. I can't load the drivers for them due to security reasons, so I will have to wait and see. I do not have hardly and of my Bizhub's hooked up so I do not encounter a lot of network issues. Are there other things that could cause this?

konisolver
10-30-2009, 04:48 AM
Go to user settings and change priority device from copier to printer. This will help out.

HuronMan
10-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Had a customer complain about this. Did the following. Seems to have worked.

From the solutions guide...

Slow printing of PDF files.
Solution
Countermeasures as a workaround:
1. The print performance has been increased with the following MSC firmware, so please upgrade MSC firmware.
- MSC firmware (Phase 2.5): Ver. 44 or later
- A special MSC firmware (Phase 2.0): Ver. 28
Note : The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support
(CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
2. Please change the setting of the default device from "Copy " to " Printer" in bizhub 200/250/350.
a.Press "Utility/Counter" key on Control Panel for bizhub 200/250/350.
b. Touch the button in Touch Panel with the following steps.
c."User Setting", "User's Choice", "6/6" and "Default Device".
d.The default device is configured with "Copy" in bizhub 200/250/350. Please change the setting from " Copy to "Printer".
3.Try changing the emulation from PostScript driver to PCL driver on the PC ifthe customer allows.
4. Please try to print the PDF file by using "Print as image" feature on Adobe® Acrobat.
a.Open PDF fileto print.
b. Select "File", and then "Print".The print screen is open.
c.Click "Advanced" tab at the print screen.
d.Please select "Print as Image" in the advanced print setup.
5. Please try to change the default setting of "PostScript Pass Though" in the document properties.
a. Open PDF fileto print.
b. Select "File", and then "Print". The print screen is open.

konisolver
10-30-2009, 05:00 AM
4. Please try to print the PDF file by using "Print as image" feature on Adobe® Acrobat. Will only make the file much larger and make the printing even more slowly. Update the FW to 80 higher and change the setting to priority from copier to printer and you should be fine.

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 07:24 AM
the other posts cover some solid stuff

Other issues could be simply just network related. I encountered a few who had some kind of issue with the downstream connection to the copier, usually link speed related. An old laptop that is connected 10base, or wireless A/B, or the router is 10base in between, or a bad port on a switch, or excessive bandwidth useage on the network.

I eliminate the network by simply plugging in my laptop directly. I use a Dell that automatically switches between straight through and cross over, if you do not have one like that, crossover cable. Print their file from the laptop using default and see what happens.

If it isn't the copier and looks like the network, try connecting to the network at various points along the chain, such as directly at the server switch, or one of the workstations ports. This will expose poor routers and switches, or simply a bad connection.

Also, is there a print monitor running? Some kind of account paper use tracking?

And is the driver configured properly, seeing all the options? Or for that matter, is it the right driver for the machine and correct version relevant to the firmware level of the machine? Has the port been configured for direct IP using 9100, or is it set to use windows printing via server name?

fixthecopier
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks to all who replied, I will try some of these today.

fixthecopier
11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Making the printer the priory device made all the difference in the world. Thanks again.

m1sterlurk
07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
This problem was racking my brain for days, and this thread came up on my google search. I finally managed to solve it using 2 programs, CutePDF Pro and Microsoft Office Document Imaging, though you can probably accomplish this in just about any imaging software. CutePDF may be essential, but there may be other programs that will export to TIFF freely.

Download a copy of CutePDF (The trial version puts a nag watermark on the first page. I assure you the Pro version is worth every penny). Use the option to "Save as Image" and save your PDF as a TIFF file at whatever resolution you feel is best (I use 300x300 for almost everything). Then, open up the TIFF file, and print.

This is how I was able to print out a 17 page set of architectural drawings on 11x17 ledger paper in our Konica Minolta Bizhub 200 in a few minutes instead of taking hours.

The Bizhub seems to take much better to being asked to print TIFF images as opposed to PDFs.

Custom Search