PDA

View Full Version : C450 - Print from every app except from MS Word?

Custom Search

mrwho
10-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Anyone ever got this one problem?

Background:

- Machine has account track enabled;
- Everyone can copy and print only black and white;

I have really no idea here - maybe Word is ignoring the driver instruction to send the job in grayscale? I had this kind of problem before with Office XP, if we told the driver to output from tray 3, the application would override it and output from tray 1.

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Anyone ever got this one problem?

Background:

- Machine has account track enabled;
- Everyone can copy and print only black and white;

I have really no idea here - maybe Word is ignoring the driver instruction to send the job in grayscale? I had this kind of problem before with Office XP, if we told the driver to output from tray 3, the application would override it and output from tray 1.

Check word document properties.

This will override many driver defaults, even cause jams because of wrong tray.

I am not aware of the colour issue truth be told. Perhaps another bug in word, bit like that collate issue? I'll take a closer look when I get into the office.

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Check word document properties.

This will override many driver defaults, even cause jams because of wrong tray.

I am not aware of the colour issue truth be told. Perhaps another bug in word, bit like that collate issue? I'll take a closer look when I get into the office.

Double check the account in copy track. Talking with our CSR who's into stuff like this kind of thing, he mentions this should not happen on the older machines. Current lot will print the job in grey scale regardless of colour setting at driver. Older generations like the C450, the job SHOULD be dropped.

Perhaps, there is a problem with the driver, server side conflict. Or user is using an authorized account number. Aside from that, I cannot say what else might be causing this. I do not see anything in word template settings. Very odd.

mrwho
11-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Okay, now I get it - I'll bet it's a driver conflict. I'll elaborate:

Turns out I haven't been told the whole story: The customer is using a modified PS driver that pops up a window asking for the user's account track number. If the customer, when printing from Word, inserts the number on the popup window, then the job will drop without reason. BUT if the user types in the user code the old fashioned way (Properties->Account Track->etc) then it will print.
Of course the customer doesn't even what to hear about going back to the standard driver. Anyone has an alternative modified printer driver that pops up the account track window?
Thanks in advance.

Stirton.M
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
It sounds like they are using an external print manager...server side accounting program.

My earlier responses, I thought you said the machine was printing in colour. Not sure why I thought that.

Now however, I see that it was dropping the job. It sounds a lot like the program is doing what it was meant for.

Check driver default to see if it is set to colour as a default. If it is, it will indeed drop the job. Check to see the driver is configured properly for options set.

If there is any colour in the word doc vs a plain grey scale doc, any difference?

As for modified print driver? None to my knowledge. I have my doubts you would find one to work with copy and account track. Truth be told, I wouldn't give the customer any further support on that particular problem. If they do not want to use the proper driver with that machine, it is outside KMs support guidelines. Perhaps this is a third party app set up by their IT? If so, he's the guy who has to make it work.

mrwho
11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
We're really talking about a KM modified driver - attached (I suppose that, since it's a driver, there's no problem posting it).

But since it's a 2006 driver and there hasn't apparently been any update to it since (that's the reason I asked, somebody here could have a more recent version - or even an older version that could be better behaved), we're telling the customer "Well, if it doesn't work, tough luck!".

Stirton.M
11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
We're really talking about a KM modified driver - attached (I suppose that, since it's a driver, there's no problem posting it).

But since it's a 2006 driver and there hasn't apparently been any update to it since (that's the reason I asked, somebody here could have a more recent version - or even an older version that could be better behaved), we're telling the customer "Well, if it doesn't work, tough luck!".

Could be firmware level related. We had a rash of drivers being "broken" after firmware levels went from phase 1 to phase 2 and eventually phase 3. Since the third, this hasn't been much an issue.

I'll have a look when I get into the office to see what was what.

A 2007 version 3.3 popup driver can be found here..file size is different from yours.

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=3872&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

and the rest here...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=2982&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

mrwho
11-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I'll check those drivers tomorrow when I get back to work and post feedback here. Anyway, here's some rep for your trouble!
Thanks!

Stirton.M
11-03-2009, 09:22 AM
appreciate that thank!:D

mrwho
11-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Sorry for the late reply - Replaced the driver with the one you gave me and I wanted to let some days go by to see if there was any more complaints from the customer.

Since there wasn't any, I can only assume that the driver that you pointed to solved my problem. Thanks again! :)

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
no problem

any time eh....:D

Custom Search