PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Paper Wrinkle

Custom Search

pritchardllc
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I am having some trouble with a C350 adding a wrinkle in the paper as it prints. If I switch orientation and trays, the wrinkle appears in roughly the same location given the problem (bottom half area for short orientation, left upper half for long orientation). I am unsure what to even check for this problem.

agudmove
10-30-2009, 05:17 PM
How old is the fixer unit, check coating of rollers in fixer for bubbling. If bubbling on roller, that's your problem

pritchardllc
10-30-2009, 06:03 PM
How old is the fixer unit, check coating of rollers in fixer for bubbling. If bubbling on roller, that's your problem

There does appear to be a rather large wrinkle in the black roller in the fuser unit but the red rubber part seems intact. Does this mean I need to replace the entire fuser unit?

agudmove
10-30-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry to have to tell you, yes it does! If you have access to a good used fixer, try it just to confirm problem is on fixer, refuse old fixer, and walk away!!

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm sorry to have to tell you, yes it does! If you have access to a good used fixer, try it just to confirm problem is on fixer, refuse old fixer, and walk away!!

I agree, it is likely the fuser.

When the teflon starts to separate from the surface, the fuser is pretty much done for. It can only get worse from this point on.

texasatm12
10-31-2009, 04:13 AM
I am having some trouble with a C350 adding a wrinkle in the paper as it prints. If I switch orientation and trays, the wrinkle appears in roughly the same location given the problem (bottom half area for short orientation, left upper half for long orientation). I am unsure what to even check for this problem.

New fusers are available on ebay 4049-523 konica minolta c350,c351,c450 fuser assy $299.99 plus freight average price.

pritchardllc
11-05-2009, 01:03 PM

I have the replacement unit coming today. Is there anything I have to do with resetting internal counters or anything or do I just swap the units?

texasatm12
11-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I have the replacement unit coming today. Is there anything I have to do with resetting internal counters or anything or do I just swap the units?

To replace the fuser you just remove the paper deck, Unconnect the three power source wire from the power supply, then disconnect the wire on the right side of the fuser, and two screws which hold the fuser in the copier, remove old fuser and reinstall new fuser the same way. After the install machine will run and reset the copier telling it that a new fuser is install it blows the pico fuse, Your ready to go... mark

Custom Search