PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SCX4216f firmware required. All blocks on screen

Custom Search

fixitfast
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Got a scx4216 which was working when i visited the customer last week but suddenly after a power blackout comes up with just blocks on the screen. Leaving the unit on for awhile it eventually comes up with download program when turned on. So i'm guessing the flash rom has somehow lost its firmware. I have seen multiple of these units all with this same problem. But to date can not locate the firmware anyware on the net and the only way to fix was to pull a motherboard from a scapped unit. I have found the scx4300 (because everybody wants to refill the toner) but cant find this 4216.

Can somebody take pity on me and email me a copy?

fixitfast
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll answer my own question as its seems i'm the only one interested in solving this "used to be fatal problem". After alot of tracing it turns out the cmos super capacitor/battery is leaking on all these units with this particular problem. The electrolyte is corrosive and is corroding one particular track on the motherboard which runs right beside the cap/batt. Firstly when the problem becomes intermittent or heat sensitive ie when the unit is left in a car all day to heat up the corroded track expands and goes closed circuit but open when cold. Running a jumper on the track and cleaning up the board fixes it!

webauk
06-26-2014, 10:53 PM
I'll answer my own question as its seems i'm the only one interested in solving this "used to be fatal problem". After alot of tracing it turns out the cmos super capacitor/battery is leaking on all these units with this particular problem. The electrolyte is corrosive and is corroding one particular track on the motherboard which runs right beside the cap/batt. Firstly when the problem becomes intermittent or heat sensitive ie when the unit is left in a car all day to heat up the corroded track expands and goes closed circuit but open when cold. Running a jumper on the track and cleaning up the board fixes it!

Hi, ever had this problem?
samsung scx-4216f printing this below every page PI:18 PAI:113PV:2 ADC:109BI (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/samsung/89863-samsung-scx-4216f-printing-below-every-page-pi-18-pai-113pv-2-adc-109bi.html)
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/samsung/89863-samsung-scx-4216f-printing-below-every-page-pi-18-pai-113pv-2-adc-109bi.html

Custom Search