PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 250 doc feeder

Custom Search

humpty dumpty
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi there, i have a problem, it says i have a misfeed in the doc feeder entry and too open cover and remove. i have searched for paper and there is nothing any clues ppl.

minimerlin
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi there, i have a problem, it says i have a misfeed in the doc feeder entry and too open cover and remove. i have searched for paper and there is nothing any clues ppl.It sounds like you either have a broken actuator or a sensor has gone bad. Are you a tech or end user?

humpty dumpty
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
hi i am a tech

minimerlin
11-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Greetings from over the wall!!
Any joy with the ADF?

humpty dumpty
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
will let you know tomorrow cheers,

Stirton.M
11-03-2009, 09:21 AM
check for dirty reflectors or dirty felt pads where any optical sensors are. The reflectors look like tin foil and the felt pads are black patches. If they are dirty enough, a false jam will be the result.

backspace
11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
most common problems that i have had with ADF`s generally are with pieces of paper or staples blocking sensors, once I found entire postit ( 75x75 mm ) in the ADF, once I found a Fly sticked to the sensor :))))

Just like everyone else said, check all the sensors and unblock/clean them

humpty dumpty
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Well i have fixed it, the sensors were all fine and there was no fly stuck to a postit note inside the df. It actually turned out to be the PBA control board in the doc feeder. I had another machine there so i swapped the boards and the fault was cleared. thanks anyway for all suggestions, a good one to remember for the future

cheers matt

kingmony
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem and I can not figure out what the problem is. I do see the foil and it looks clean. where are other sensers that I can clean.

FCBM
12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Kingmony check the the shaft were the primary feed tires are on the feeder entrance. There is a groove on the shaft just outside of each tire. There is a small white plastic arm about 1 inch long that snaps on the grooves (both sides). If one of these plastic arms is missing or on backwards the shaft will hit the paper entrance sensor and show a jam.

kingmony
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I checked it. both plastics are there and there is no problem with them. what else can it be.
I'm attaching some pictures here. maybe you can see better.

Hansoon
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
That's not a Bizhub 250 but a Bizhub C250 which has a very different feeder.

Except for the obviously worn feed roller I cannot see anything wrong in this picture for the moment.

Hans

Stirton.M
12-15-2009, 01:46 AM
On the entrance to the belt unit, underside of the feeder itself, there is a spring loaded guide assembly that swivels beside the left side belt roller. That assembly, there is a felt pad that is not visible unless you pull the guide down. If it is dusty, a jam event may be shown there. Also, there is another sensor on the exit side. It is very hard to see. Open the right hand side door.

In the image, doc feeder 1, you will see the approximate area to look relative the front of the machine circled in red. In doc feeder 2, part number 15 is a foil reflector that can be seen from when looking down from the top with the right door open. You may need to swing the black paper guide a bit inwards to be able to see it. This reflector is commonly covered with dust and needs to be cleaned from time to time. Unfortunately I do not have a good picture of this, else I would provide that instead. It is a bit hidden, but it is there. To guide you, there is a foil reflector that is also on the inside area of the door itself that will help guide you to the approximate middle area where to look.

Also, doc feeder 1 image, the sensor indicated by #3, pickup sensor, is a bit misleading. But it is in this approximate location you can find the other sensor I spoke of first, a black felt pad sometimes gets too much paper dust.

Make sure both of these are clean.

If not, a false jam even will be indicated.

Also, if you can provide it, please let us know what the jam code is. You can find that provided in the jam history events counters. It will be a 4 digit code in tech rep. Let us know this code if the cleaning of those pad surfaces yields no good results.

kingmony
12-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I actualy have the c252. I understand that they are very smillar. I wonder if there is a differents in the feeder.

kingmony
12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
the code is 6403

kingmony
12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I finally fix it. There was a small paper underneath the feeder entrance. I had to open the 2 screw and remover the metal plate.
Thank you guys.:)

kingmony
12-15-2009, 05:39 PM
It would be nice to have a copy of the service manual. can anybody email me a copy please. bobby@tallytaylor.com

Custom Search