PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 - F 28-3 error

Custom Search

jasons9745
11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
We have a Konica 7022 that will boot up and being copying a document and then pops up the F28-3 error on display and indicates we need to call for service. Any ideas on what this error is referring to before we call for service? Is this an issue we can resolve ourselves? If not, how much should this issue cost to resolve?

Thanks for the assists! Great forum!

JustManuals
11-03-2009, 07:32 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

jrf
11-03-2009, 10:44 PM
F28-3 means the seperation current is leaking or arking and this code is a fire hazard code and a new corona unit or door blocks may be required, but it is important to repair properly by a technician

groovy
12-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi all,
i'm having a very strange issue with this error code.
A customer was saying that his 7022 performed out this error code, so i picked up a separation grid (working) from a 7135 to replace.
Today my customer recalled with this same error, i check his separation corona on my 7135 and i'm also receiving this error.
Anybody here has an idea?

mrwho
12-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Looks like your customer has the machine in a high-humidity area - or is using humidified paper. Try to dry out the corona with a hair blower or something like that and try again.

You should also check the door blocks (as mentioned above) and I've even heard of a case where the drum door where the corona sits was also at fault.

groovy
12-10-2010, 02:15 PM
More news: yesterday i've done a very big cleaning on my customer's corona unit, and after that cleaning now it's working fine, tested on my 7135.
So i can have a chance to re-replace the corona with the one cleaned, and after that i will check the door blocks.
The machine IS in a high-humidity area, nothing to do about this...

mrwho
12-10-2010, 02:22 PM
The machine IS in a high-humidity area, nothing to do about this...

If that's the case, then you can tell your customer there's nothing to do about the problem. If the customer can't guarantee the necessary working conditions for the equipment, you can't guarantee that it will work as expected.

Custom Search