PDA

View Full Version : C350/c-0b4c/fs-501

Custom Search

mdavin
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I have a C350 withthe code c-0b4c, I know the code is a motor/exit issue. My problem is I have the SM for the main unit which references to the fs-501/fs-601 SM for troubleshooting, which I don't have. Would anyone be able to email me the finisher SM so I can figure out which motor I should swap out, thanks! I have an idea of which it is but I want to be certain this is not a contract customer so I don't want to waist time.
Mdavin@goldcoast-tech.com

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 07:03 AM
I have a C350 withthe code c-0b4c, I know the code is a motor/exit issue. My problem is I have the SM for the main unit which references to the fs-501/fs-601 SM for troubleshooting, which I don't have. Would anyone be able to email me the finisher SM so I can figure out which motor I should swap out, thanks! I have an idea of which it is but I want to be certain this is not a contract customer so I don't want to waist time.

It's the booklet exit motor.

If you are having this error, likely you have a problem on the MFP or MCB.

I would recommend you do a firmware update, then an initialize on the machine if the firmware doesn't correct the problem. Backup any user data first of course, then initialize. Failing that, swap out the MCB first, then PFP.

peter lynn
11-04-2009, 08:33 PM
i have had this a few times ....the exit conveyor has a pair of belts with hooks on to eject the stapled booklet,this is stuck in the wrong position...justput your fingers in the exit mouth and gently ease the belt/hooks towards you and then restart the machine .this is usually caused by excessive thic copy paper .HAPPY COPYING PETER

mdavin
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
That's interesting because the customer said that those guides where off set a few times and he had to correct them and he also prints out a lot of thicker booklets. Is there anything you can suggest to help stop this from repeating? Besides not using thicker paper?

Stirton.M
11-05-2009, 04:49 AM
That's interesting because the customer said that those guides where off set a few times and he had to correct them and he also prints out a lot of thicker booklets. Is there anything you can suggest to help stop this from repeating? Besides not using thicker paper?

Your service manual should have the service information for the finisher as part of that manual btw.

How thick is the paper?

There are limits to the finisher, according to the manual, 24lb (90gsm) at 40 pages. This is the limit of the saddle stitcher. In cover mode, you can have one sheet that is maximum 55lb (209gsm) added to that.

That said, you could have thicker paper, but it cannot exceed the height of a stack of 40 sheets of 24lb. Keep in mind also that the thicker the paper, the denser a single sheet is, relative to letting a staple punch through it, AND the rigidity of that sheet when folding.

If the user is attempting to circumvent the specifications, (ie) using a paper weight setting for thick setting on the control panel that is below the actual weight of the paper, they are exceeding the specifications and I will refuse outright to try and make the machine work for them.

Basically, this means Normal (max 24lb) paper mode for tray 2 and cover insert from tray 1(or bypass) set to thick 2 (55lb).

peter lynn
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
my customer was using 320 gsm glossy A3 and trying it on in normal 80 gsm as it is beyond the spec of the machine....,i refused to agree to this out of spec.operation as it screws up the machine!So tough on the punter and even my manager was with me on this one!.the other 2 x cases i suspect similar fiddles being attempted.GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT!
happy copying peter

Custom Search