PDA

View Full Version : Resetting 6501 to factory defaults

Custom Search

gig0
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
We've --meaning me and two different techs-- have gone overboard doing centering/registration adjustments to get front-to-back registration. Trays 1 through 3 never needed offsets before but now all the trays (including the offset trays) need their own offsets to correct centering & front-to-back registration. This is especially fun when setting up a booklet that uses different stocks pulled from different trays. We have created profiles for different media types, but profiling each tray is too much so I'm ready to start over. That said, can the 6501 be reset to factory defaults so we can start with a fresh clean slate again?

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 06:40 AM
We've --meaning me and two different techs-- have gone overboard doing centering/registration adjustments to get front-to-back registration. Trays 1 through 3 never needed offsets before but now all the trays (including the offset trays) need their own offsets to correct centering & front-to-back registration. This is especially fun when setting up a booklet that uses different stocks pulled from different trays. We have created profiles for different media types, but profiling each tray is too much so I'm ready to start over. That said, can the 6501 be reset to factory defaults so we can start with a fresh clean slate again?

Yes, the entries "Recall Standard Data" relative to all configurable settings is available. Factory is an option, as is Setup. Setup is the data that was entered when the machine was first put together with all its options, factory was simply, what factory had done to adjust.

Before you do this, check your registration sensors. These sometimes go south. There are two of them. One on the PF unit (PF602), and the other on the ADU.

In my office, these things tend to be a royal pain in the butt...depending on what kind of stock is being fed. Anything glossy, the sensors cannot be relied upon, registration shifts as much as a quarter inch or so front to back on a completely random basis.

We simply turn those sensors off. Software switch settings for both are
switch 26-4 and 26-5. Default is 0 or on. To disable, set to 1.

From there, we manually adjust the trays to the PF unit by both physical and electronic adjust, I do the PF unit first, center the image print electronically there and then go on to the main body trays, getting those as close as I can mechanically before I use the electronic adjusts. Takes a bit of time, but it solves the above problem. Print out a management list and settings list after you are done. Hide those under one of the trays for that just in case event.

gig0
11-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Good stuff.

Thanks for the info! :)

Custom Search