PDA

View Full Version : C350 P Codes..

Custom Search

minimerlin
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hello again,

I am having one of those weeks!

Got a problem with C350, went to replace color IUs, not K. Machine was locked out on arrival and as soon as I changed units, powered up and went to ready then started to print all the waiting network jobs. After they printed I noticed the dreaded oil can, touched it and got codes P5 and P28. Cleaned IDC sensors and powered up, checked warning counter and noticed loads of the above codes...cursed operator for not reporting!
Machine now will not accept that it has the new IUs loaded, P6,7,8 and 9 all IUs failure shows, checked MC ICPs 16 and 17 both OK. Unit makes copies and internal test prints but color is not good..suspect because using old units settings.

I know that the IUs will not reset count if P codes shown but cannot work out why if the unit copies etc what is causing this fault. Am going to reset chips of old units and refit to see if this works...any suggestions?:confused:

ebm
11-04-2009, 01:57 AM
P5 & P28 codes deal w/the two sensors that read the transfer belt (PC8 & PC9). Have you check the functions of these sensors? Have you checked the transfer belt? Transfer belt is listed as one of the items to replace for P6,P7,P8,P9 codes.

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 07:19 AM
P5 & P28 codes deal w/the two sensors that read the transfer belt (PC8 & PC9). Have you check the functions of these sensors? Have you checked the transfer belt? Transfer belt is listed as one of the items to replace for P6,P7,P8,P9 codes.

I agree.

He could do a belt refresh before he replaces the belt tho. That "might" help with the codes.

Also, sometimes the bias contacts are a bit flakey, pull the belt unit out, clean all the metal tab contacts inside, and then put the belt back.

minimerlin
11-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the replys,
I cleaned the IDC sensors and the P5 and P28 codes cleared, I will change the transfer belt as suggested.

Biggest trouble is the travel distance! Now face a 125 mile round trip to collect the unit and then a further 95mile round trip in the other direction to fit and test?

Nearly as far as a round trip to Calgary from the Medicine Hat!

I will feedback any results.

Thanks again.

minimerlin
11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Well I finally made the trips and when I got to the user all the P6,7,8,9 codes had gone, the IUs had reset to new and only P5 was reported as coming on first thing in the morning. Test copy / print was fine.

Changed belt unit, strip out PC8&9 clean total system swop them over and refit.

Switch on....P6,7,8,9!!
Took out belt all IUs and scrubbed led array, cleaned atdc window sensors.etc.

Refit all and ....no codes. Engaged 1st gear and left site!!

Custom Search