PDA

View Full Version : Konica driver installer doesn't recognize bizhub C650 HELP!!

Custom Search

keystonenew
11-04-2009, 12:35 AM
We just got our C650 up & running, but the Konica printer installer driver doesn't recognize our new bizhub C650. It prints out a test sheet from windows, but if we go to installer driver, it won't recognize the printer. We've tried to enter our IP address both manually & automatically. Its got an internal RIP & we can send a file thru Windows Vista, but it takes forever. Our graphics worked perfectly w/ our C500 w/ external Fiery, but why can't it comminicate w/ our C650 w/ internal RIP? Thanks for any tips & help.

RRodgers
11-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Different versions of firmware will sometimes break the printer installers. That's just the way it is. (something that one of the guys at Konica told me)

TheOwl
11-04-2009, 04:22 AM
Have you tried installing the printer through the normal 'Add Printer Wizard'?

Try downloading the driver for the machine and then use this method to install the driver. If I am reading your post correctly, then you are using the Universal Printer Driver? If that is the case, then it could just be that the Universal Printer Driver is out dated and doesn't support the C650.

Mr Spock
11-04-2009, 04:42 AM
That or he is trying to use the emperon driver to run a fiery...
Which disc are you using to load the driver???

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Here are the latest drivers for the IC-409 (fiery) and emperon (internal) on the C550/650 series...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4505&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Use the driver appropriate to the controller on your machine.

emujo
11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Had a similar issue on a C652. Uniiversal driver found the printer and installed it and I thought "OK no problems" and wrapped it up. 2 weeks later customers saddle stich arrived and I installed it and went to ensure driver was configuered properly and saw that the universal driver had chose the C650 driver instead of the c652. It wouldn't let me put a SD 508 cause it was reflecting the wrong finisher installed. Had to create a local printer and point it to the c652 INF. file. EMujo

keystonenew
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Here are the latest drivers for the IC-409 (fiery) and emperon (internal) on the C550/650 series...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4505&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Use the driver appropriate to the controller on your machine.

You guys are awesome & us novices sure appreciate your help. We'll implement your tips first thing this morning & install this driver. After frying our power supply last week in this new bizhub, we thought we were sunk, when we installed the new PS & couldn't get a blue print button. Found a connector wasn't plugged in all the way & must've jiggled loose during transportation. Now it copies great & with this advice, we'll get it fully functional. Thanks again to all.

keystonenew
11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
You guys are awesome & us novices sure appreciate your help. We'll implement your tips first thing this morning & install this driver. After frying our power supply last week in this new bizhub, we thought we were sunk, when we installed the new PS & couldn't get a blue print button. Found a connector wasn't plugged in all the way & must've jiggled loose during transportation. Now it copies great & with this advice, we'll get it fully functional. Thanks again to all.

Thanks for the driver update & its working great. Quite a bit slower than the Fiery on C500, but its working. Trying now, to locate a IC-409 internal Fiery for it.

Custom Search