PDA

View Full Version : KM C200 can't remmember static IP adr.

Custom Search

DadO
11-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I got 2 of those headles C200 :-) bouth of them do the same thing.
I want to connect them on routher.Magicolor 5550 worked great so its not routher fault and i EVEN DON'T CONNECT CABLE after sellecting IP adr. on c200.
When i get to admin>network> I select instead "auto IP", static ip and type myne IP.
Example: IP :192.168.0.5
SUBNETMASK: 255.255.255.0
I leave GATEWAY defult witch is 0.0.0.0(wrong?)
Machine say "please turn power on and off" i do that on soft power switch not on the main (wrong ?)

when i enter in network settings again, EVERYTHING is set to defult! I see that AUTO IP has been selected again and can't see ip adr. I even try to place 100/10 full but it returne it to AUTO.

One strange thing is when i instaled bouth of machines for the first time i get to the part when u need to print out LIST OUTPUT. I print out SERVICE CALL REPORT but when i touch PROTOCOL TRACE, nothing happen. I contacted KM tehnical adviser but so far no response.I hope u guys will be faster whit response ;) as usual!

p.s. on one i instaled new firmare, not the latest but newer and same thing again...

Please help!

mrwho
11-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I think you should turn both power switches off then on, in order to force the network card to reboot. Try it.

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I got 2 of those headles C200 :-) bouth of them do the same thing.
I want to connect them on routher.Magicolor 5550 worked great so its not routher fault and i EVEN DON'T CONNECT CABLE after sellecting IP adr. on c200.
When i get to admin>network> I select instead "auto IP", static ip and type myne IP.
Example: IP :192.168.0.5
SUBNETMASK: 255.255.255.0
I leave GATEWAY defult witch is 0.0.0.0(wrong?)
Machine say "please turn power on and off" i do that on soft power switch not on the main (wrong ?)

when i enter in network settings again, EVERYTHING is set to defult! I see that AUTO IP has been selected again and can't see ip adr. I even try to place 100/10 full but it returne it to AUTO.

Configure the gateway as well. This is important. But what I recommend is to allow Auto to do its thing, grab an address. That is assuming your network, like most, is DHCP enabled, meaning anything that connects to the network will get an IP address automatically. I do this primarily because I want the machine to get the DNS address and name automatically, as well as the correct subnet and gateway information.

If the network is not DHCP, then from any computer on the network, open a command prompt and type

ipconfig /all

press enter and that will list your network settings, including DNS and possibly WINS if enabled. Both entries are extremely important if you wish to make use of some of the more advanced features such as SMB and Scan to Email, as well as Windows Printing features. The gateway is important to establish the specific subnet that the network the printer is connected to. Again, SMB and the lot requires this.

In either setting you choose, after you have configured the network settings, turn off MAIN POWER ONLY. Secondary does absolutely nothing useful. I call it the worlds most useless power switch. Lord knows why it was put there, it serves no other useful function than to confuse the end users when dealing with troubleshooting tips from our help line.

After the copier reboots, your network settings should be set. If you set the machine to grab an IP through DHCP, now is the time to enter in and change the machine's IP to any address assigned by the IT of that office, or pick your own, and leave the other settings alone, assuming it grabbed that information. Usually, most routers start assigning IP addresses from 100 and up. I generally pick an address under that, such as .99

Be sure to ping the address you choose before you set it on the copier, as you run the risk of kicking another computer off the network if that address is already taken.

barratec
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I agree MRWHO , you must turn off then on the main switch.

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I think you should turn both power switches off then on, in order to force the network card to reboot. Try it.

The secondary power switch doesn't have any direct function related to setting or resetting the machine. The main power switch will kill all power to the machine, of which the secondary is a part of that overall circuit. Turning off the secondary will turn off the control panel and disable the fuser AC. It will interfere with many settings, and is likely the only reason this guy is having trouble getting the machine to keep the network settings.

Stirton.M
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I agree MRWHO , you must turn off then on the main switch.

I disagree. I set 2-3 machines almost daily. I have never used the secondary power switch, except to turn the power on the first time.

DadO
11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
.wysiwyg { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #ff4400 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } Thank u all for suggestion. I installed a lot of C203 and + without problems so i can't say i'm inexperienced but you guys know we techs can't know everything.There will be a thing or two that i don't know and other knew and vice verso.

This is small network consisting of 4 computers and 2 wireless routers whit no server.

In this case i don't need to adjust computers except drivers and ad ip adr of machine. I will try to add gateway and turn power off on the main switch.

I had this problem before i plugged cable in the machine....I do this cos on c253 i instaled few months ago, lost her mac address (lol) when i turned it whit lan cable in and there was TAD for this problem that they admitted :)

THANK U ALL. Little more credit go to the Stirton since he explained whole procedure on how to set DHCP( u will agre whit me guys :) )

Custom Search