PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 - cant access web browser?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
11-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi all,

I am having problems connecting to the web browser for a C450. Everytime I type the copiers IP address into the browser I get a blank screen and the message '501 Not Implemented'

I can print to the copier fine but I am trying to set up scan defaults and cannot get in to do this. I have tried connecting directly to the copier via laptop and changing IP's but no luck.

can anyone help with this?

cheers.

buster68
11-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Is the pagescope web connection service turned on? Under administrator, network settings, http settings is where you'll find the enable/disable for pswc.

If the copier is equipped with a Fiery print server, web services needs to be enabled thru the Fiery set up menu. Run setup, network, services.

OutlawTorn
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I have checked the PSWC setting and it was enabled. I tried disabling and re-enabling a few times but no luck.

I have also tried accessing through IE and Firefox and this also makes no difference. I am tearing my hair out over this issue!

anybody else have any idea? would a firmware update solve it?

tinet
11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi all
controlla se sul portatile è attivato l'antivirus, devi avere i DNS e GATEWAY uguali tra macchina e pc.
Ciao

OutlawTorn
11-05-2009, 11:26 AM
:confused:

mrwho
11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi all
controlla se sul portatile è attivato l'antivirus, devi avere i DNS e GATEWAY uguali tra macchina e pc.
Ciao

Using Google translator I got:

"check if the laptop is on the antivirus, you must have DNS and GATEWAY equally between machine and PC."

Which is a good bet - or you can try on different PCs, do you get the same error?

D_L_P
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Not sure if this helps but I've seen this on a Canon copier, reinstalled firmware to fix.

mrwho
11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Also, try with your laptop and a crossover cable to rule out any network problem on the customer's installation!

gpsorell
11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I have had many customers (with many different models of copiers) with this problem suddenly. They were able to access it just fine and now they can't.

This seemed to happen when they upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. I can hook directly to the copier with a crossover cable and my laptop and I can access it fine (I use FireFox).

I have not been able to get any answers as to what security issue in IE8 is interfering, but when FireFox is used (or a web browser other than IE8) the web interface is accessable.

RRodgers
11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Try a new nic cable. I've had a bad nic cable do this.

mrwho
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
This seemed to happen when they upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. I can hook directly to the copier with a crossover cable and my laptop and I can access it fine (I use FireFox).

Internet Explorer is the crap! :mad:

OutlawTorn
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, I have linked in directly with a crossover cable and I still got the same problem so it cant be a browser or network problem and has to be something in the copier itself?

I am thinking a master reset or firmware update might solve it but I'm unsure. Does anyone know how to do a memory/master reset on a C450?

cheers.

Stirton.M
11-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Well, I have linked in directly with a crossover cable and I still got the same problem so it cant be a browser or network problem and has to be something in the copier itself?

I am thinking a master reset or firmware update might solve it but I'm unsure. Does anyone know how to do a memory/master reset on a C450?

cheers.

1. Call the Service Mode on the screen.
2. Select the key as follows.
[System 1] → [Initialization] → [Data clear].
3. Press the Start key.
4. When [OK] is displayed, turn off the Main Power Switch and turn it on again more than 10 seconds after.

Update firmware. Check firmware level, MSC entry (third item down in list on first page when viewing on ctl pnl. Base firmware level currently at G00-K0 (the K0 is firmware level, the G00 is base of that level, can be variant Gxx-K0 to indicate special firmware for specific problems related to user issues).

OutlawTorn
11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for that Stirton.M,

just to clear up your points - is the initialization process something to try first before the firmware update? will that leave the network details etc in place after initialization?

thanks.

mascan42
11-09-2009, 12:07 AM
I've had similar problems in the past where Pagescope either wouldn't load, or came through scrambled. Try lowering the NIC's speed. If it works then, your NIC is fried.

Stirton.M
11-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Thanks for that Stirton.M,

just to clear up your points - is the initialization process something to try first before the firmware update? will that leave the network details etc in place after initialization?

thanks.

Initialize is something I recommend before firmware. It may simply be a matter of the machine in stupidity mode. In other words, like windows, the machine needs a good firm kick in the pants to get it to cooperate. Something changed in one of the bit settings in NVRAM, a zero instead of a one I mean.

Generally I recommend to do an initialized even after a firmware update. I do this on my computers...its a standard fair thing to reset the bios to defaults after updating the bios, as there are sometimes new program settings that are not defaulted and can hamper performance.

That said, yes, ALL settings in User and Admin areas are reset, including network and one touches and copy track. Be sure to back these up if you can. Not possible through the browser, which would be my first recommendation, so break out that pen and practice some handwriting. Copytrack, you can simply output the list to print through copytrack in admin.

Custom Search