PDA

View Full Version : 8022 Network Printing

Custom Search

jackee
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
We inherited a Konica 8022 from the previous tenants in our office. The left the machine behind and it works fine as a copier. We want to purchase the necessary parts to get the printer to behave like a network printer. Do you all know what boards/parts are needed and where the best place is to purchase them?

Stirton.M
11-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Near as I can tell, your machine is identical to a C350 series machine that was built during the merger transition of Konica Minolta.

My parts manual lists the 8022 on the cover, which means to me that the two are indeed the same, likely just a label difference and "maybe" some programming differences.

See attached for what should be present for the main electronics...

Should be an MC board and an MFP board present on your machine, the MFP itself holds the network port.

mrwho
11-06-2009, 08:11 AM
http://www.interactivesystems.co.uk/images/products/14898035376_product.gif

If the 8022 is indeed like a C350 (pictured above) then it's most probably ready to print - just plug it to the network, configure the nic and install the drivers on the computers.

TonerMonkey
11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
The 8022 is similar to (but not the same as) a c350 and doesn't come with any print controller whatsoever. It needs a Fiery RIP to print.
As it's not a current model you would probably find it difficult to locate a Fiery for it.

eBay may be your best bet ?

Stirton.M
11-06-2009, 11:03 PM
The 8022 is similar to (but not the same as) a c350 and doesn't come with any print controller whatsoever. It needs a Fiery RIP to print.
As it's not a current model you would probably find it difficult to locate a Fiery for it.

eBay may be your best bet ?

If that is true, any X3e controller will suffice, the same series as a 3102/2002/2001 machine requirement. The VIF might be different.

These are likely a dime a dozen. Literally.

Or you could attach a piece of shit:eek: peerless to it and get a fax option:p. No guarantees the peerless will work, but it is an option.

jackee
11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
The 8022 is similar to that c350 pictured, but not exactly the same. Ours does not have any of the necessary boards required for network printing. Our neighbors next door do have a bizhub c350 and they said it came with everything needed for network printing. They plugged it up to the network, had their IT guys give it an IP address, installed the drivers on the computers and they were printing.

I was under the impression we could buy those boards/cards and get the 8022 to print in a similar fashion. I see some listed on the web in various places with the boards already installed, but the part numbers for all those parts are not listed so I can't figure out what we need to get our 8022 like the ones I see on the web. Would hate to go buy another 8022 but that might be our option if I can't price the parts individually.

Custom Search