PDA

View Full Version : 1050 J31-02

Custom Search

brian155
11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
In the uk i am having lots of 1050 engines giving the same jams J31-02 and occationaly J21-01 either jamming up in drum pawls or the main one is turning over itself and not entering the fuser unit. There seems to be an issue with paper ridigity accross the sheet(works ok in landscape). Due to this the paper fails to sit down on the transfer bed and gives one of the above jams. All usual avenues tried any thoughts gents?

TonerMonkey
11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Sounds as though your customer is using particularly cheap / poor quality paper loaded the wrong way up.
Have had the same issue with Impega Budget paper.

Anrath
11-09-2009, 07:28 AM
This is an issue of seperation from the drum. See this alot with colored paper, particularly green and blue. How old are your t+s wires? Start with wires or swap aout t+s unit with another if available. Last resort is start playing with charge values.

random
11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Coloured papers will just about always need to be feed SEF. Might pay to replace the registration motor. Or do a HV data recall.

angelntx
11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
How many clicks on the meter? Have you already replaced the discharge assembly? I've had this issue with some 1050s. On one I've adjusted the spring and cleaned the solenoid for the drum pawls-the solenoid does get toner in it. I've also bumbed up the value for the separation dc voltage by about 5-10v. If this doesn't work then you may have to resort to replacing the HVT2 (56UA84020) Good luck

brian155
11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
thanks for the input, i have fitted hv2, t/s unit, drum, dev unit and dev, registration unit and motor, full fuser unit conveyance belts, drum sep shaft and pawls and all six million service rollers and bearings. no improvement. like i say i have come to the con clution it is paper curl but wondered if the same is all over and if any brands are working well?
many thanks

TonerMonkey
11-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Which brand and weight of paper is your customer using Brian ?

I have a customer using Antalis Multitude and they have no problems with separation or drum claw jams at all.

Custom Search