PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020 error code F-56-1

Custom Search

Freshh2o
02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I am currently using a Konica 7020 and for the last two weeks the error code F-56-1 has come up. I called a gentleman out for service and have yet to see him. That was three days ago. Can anyone tell me what this error is?

When they worked on it before I got the response regarding what the error message was that "it just needs to get rebooted sometimes." If this is the case how do I go about doing that?

Thanks.

Spank6482
02-23-2007, 04:30 AM
There is no F56-1 in the service manual.

there is an E56-1 (note the "E", not an "F") which is: Communication error between system-control and engine-control sections of the CB (overall control board). Occurs if CB fails to responds when SW2 (sub power) turns ON. (10sec.)

There is also an F56-11 which is: Main-body identification error Detected CB (overall control board) (ROM) for different machine.

Since it has been a couple weeks since you called a guy and he still hasn't been out there you should find someone else to fix your copier. It might be as easy as re-seating some connectors or reloading some firmware. Worst case is a bad main controller board.

Good Luck!!!

d7guitar
02-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I am currently using a Konica 7020 and for the last two weeks the error code F-56-1 has come up. I called a gentleman out for service and have yet to see him. That was three days ago. Can anyone tell me what this error is?

When they worked on it before I got the response regarding what the error message was that "it just needs to get rebooted sometimes." If this is the case how do I go about doing that?

Thanks.
That error code typically is a laser unit going bad. And rebooting does temporarily fix the problem because when it starts to fail, it can be very intermitant. Reboot it with the switch on the left side of machine towards the rear.
Also, there is one other scenario. It could be a developer unit locking up causing this code erroneously.

msa4
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
f56-1 communication error between system control & engine-control sections. the problem maybe in control board

CMB
02-26-2007, 06:12 PM
write(laser) unit bit the dust. replace it.

Copystar Tech
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I realize this post is super old, but new to the site and just ran across this problem after replacing a fuser drive bushing. Swapped main board, no fix. Swapped printer drive board and that was the problem. there are at least 4 versions of this board, so it is always suspect in weird codes. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Custom Search