PDA

View Full Version : Only From the "behind" of Minolta, Biz hub C-350

Custom Search

PCFSS&S
11-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've worked on many different brands of copiers from Canon to Xerox and I have never seen a copier with as many screws as a Konica Minolta, if you take out one you will have to take out 12 more to get to where you're trying to go, guaranteed.

But getting to the point, I have a Biz hub C-350 with 3 paper feed tray's tray 2 & 3 feed fine. The lead edge on tray 1 varies quite a bit, feed roller and sep roller assembly have been changed, which leaves the paper feed clutch..........OMG:eek: correct me if I'm wrong but replacing a paper a paper feed clutch on a copier is like changing the brakes on a car, its an expected, routine maintenace item at some point...............sooooooooo why would you bury a paper feed clutch in the deepest biles of the machine, so deep that when we called Konica Minolta tech support for some sort of a road map to get to this clutch their answer was "well we've never had to take that off"........incredible!

Any ideas out there?

Stirton.M
11-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've worked on many different brands of copiers from Canon to Xerox and I have never seen a copier with as many screws as a Konica Minolta, if you take out one you will have to take out 12 more to get to where you're trying to go, guaranteed.

But getting to the point, I have a Biz hub C-350 with 3 paper feed tray's tray 2 & 3 feed fine. The lead edge on tray 1 varies quite a bit, feed roller and sep roller assembly have been changed, which leaves the paper feed clutch..........OMG:eek: correct me if I'm wrong but replacing a paper a paper feed clutch on a copier is like changing the brakes on a car, its an expected, routine maintenace item at some point...............sooooooooo why would you bury a paper feed clutch in the deepest biles of the machine, so deep that when we called Konica Minolta tech support for some sort of a road map to get to this clutch their answer was "well we've never had to take that off"........incredible!

Any ideas out there?

I am not surprised by their answer. Service life rating on those clutches is about 2 million. I have never, not once, ever had to change a clutch in one of these. Motors, yes. Clutches. No.

Of course, that is not to say your problem isn't the clutch. It might be. My bet would be that you would have jamming issues if the clutch were at fault.

Have you checked PRT Adjust and Loop adjust settings?

fixthecopier
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I am not sure about the color machines, but the 2510/3910 machines were sent out with bad clutches. I have changed a bunch. Have not had one on a bizhub 250/350 yet. I ask about the screw thing and was told that it was some regulation. I won't step on toes by calling brand names, but the bizhubs are solid as a rock compared to some of the junk that is out there. Maybe it is all the screws.

mtech
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I have seen some issues with the feed unit not allowing the pick up roller to drop down enough to feed correctly. The right rear of the tray pushes on a tab that lowers the roller to contact the paper. You can put a little bend on the assembly to compensate. It is almost like the tray needs a little more thickness on the area that contacts the tab. I have only seen this on the lower trays/desk units. I suppose tray 1 could also do the same? The symptom is usually paper feeds part way in and jams then the machine makes a wierd grinding noise. You can test to see if you have this kind of issue by adding some tape or spacer to the tray to see if the symptom gets better. It's a good test, but remove it after. I have seen a bunch of machines that techs added stuff like tape and left it. (not a permanent fix!) I replaced rollers, clutches, sensors, and desk pwb. Only after tweaking the feed unit did the issue get resolved. Good luck.

mascan42
11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
This is a C350 he's talking about, so tray 1 is the 250-sheet tray with one large feed roll on the cassette. And as others have said, I've never seen the clutch go on one of these - hell, I've never even had to check on the clutch. I had to look at the manual to be sure there even was a clutch.

fixthecopier
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
This is a C350 he's talking about, so tray 1 is the 250-sheet tray with one large feed roll on the cassette. And as others have said, I've never seen the clutch go on one of these - hell, I've never even had to check on the clutch. I had to look at the manual to be sure there even was a clutch.

Oh that tray! It does work great, but I have changed about 3 in ten years. If the problem is repeatable when you are there, take another tray with you.

Custom Search