PDA

View Full Version : C450 Default Printing Options

Custom Search

RedBarn
11-09-2009, 07:56 PM
All,

I have a custmer with a C450 which they are using as a printer. They have a central queue off of a Windows server using the latest PCL driver.

They want the printer to print in GrayScale by default instead of printing in color to save money.

I have tried setting the printing preferences on the server driver but it always either ignores it or switches back to defaults at some point or another.

Do I need to go around and set the printing preferences on each individual PC?

Thanks!!!

RedBarn

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams

albasoul06
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
How to set Grayscale as a printing default.

Solution

To set Grayscale as a printing default, perform the following:
1. From the printer's folder, right click the print driver and select properties.
2. Select the Advanced tab.
3. Select Printing Defaults.
4. Select Quality.
5. Select Grayscale.
6. Select Apply.
7. Select Ok.

RedBarn
11-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Will that trickle down to all the users that are connected to the shared printer on the server or do I need to do it on every individual pc?

jneezy2008
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
The change at the server will trickle down to the workstations.

RedBarn
11-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks to all!!

Have a great day!!!

Red

Stirton.M
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
No, the changes will not trickle down to the end users. The only changes that will go to end users are the options available on the C450.

The end users have to change their defaults themselves. It is a user level setting, just like copy track.

Also, when changing these settings, be sure to fully reboot the computer where the change was made. In the case of the server, this isn't always practical. But if there is a crash of the PC before a full reboot, the setting will be set back to what it was before the change. This is an issue with windows itself and not the driver.

TheOwl
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
If your settings don't filter down through the network (highly unlikely that they won't), then you can always just remove the print queue from the client and then re-install the queue.

Quick and easy.

Custom Search