PDA

View Full Version : Km 2550 Fixing Problem HELP!!!

Custom Search

sutchislife
11-10-2009, 02:03 AM
I have a 2550 that keeps developing fixing issues. A new fuser will only last a week then i start to get double imaging or tracking. A new fuser fixes the issue. I have repl. the Heat Roller seperate then found a bulletin that explains about a teflon coating issue. the bulletin says that the end of the heat roller should be either green or blue. I orderded a fixing ass'y it lasted a week .I checked the end of the heat roller and it does not have any marking on it. Is anyone aware of this? Does any one have any ideas? Im not sure if i have a seperate issue or wether i got an older fuser twice.
Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
12-17-2009, 10:18 PM
It sounds like you have cheap aftermarket toner in the machine. Mita's are one of those brands that prefer OEM

blackcat4866
12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
You may try decreasing the fixing temp 5 degrees below default. =^..^=

Tech59
12-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I have a 2550 that keeps developing fixing issues. A new fuser will only last a week then i start to get double imaging or tracking. A new fuser fixes the issue. I have repl. the Heat Roller seperate then found a bulletin that explains about a teflon coating issue. the bulletin says that the end of the heat roller should be either green or blue. I orderded a fixing ass'y it lasted a week .I checked the end of the heat roller and it does not have any marking on it. Is anyone aware of this? Does any one have any ideas? Im not sure if i have a seperate issue or wether i got an older fuser twice.
Any help would be appreciated.
I also think it may be an aftermarket Toner, Install a new OEM Toner Ctg, then unfortunately will have to replace the Heat Roller or Heat rollers again. I would then recommend; vacuum out the Developer Unit of the aftermarket toner and then go into service mode 130 to reload toner into Dev Unit.

Custom Search