PDA

View Full Version : Konica 8050 error SC81-01

Custom Search

copyplus
11-11-2009, 01:16 AM
The machine was running ok and turned the machine off. Few days later I turned it on and I am getting Error code SC81-01. Will someone let me know what this code means and how I can get rid of it. thanks

JustManuals
11-11-2009, 01:50 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

copycommerce
11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Press and hold keys 2 and 5 > Enter data collection > Enter position 11 ( special count ) > Reset counter > Yes > Turn off > Turn on and you should be okay :) About the code you can check in the service manual AND please don't buy em, you need to search for 5-10 min in theeeeee goooooogle and you will find them free :P
Have fun

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 01:03 AM
The machine was running ok and turned the machine off. Few days later I turned it on and I am getting Error code SC81-01. Will someone let me know what this code means and how I can get rid of it. thanks

According to the manual....

81-01

A printer control ROM software is not installed that is corresponding to the material changeover setting.

copyplus
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
sorry, I was away from my business for sometime. I just got back and tried 2 and 5 data collection but there is no 11 special count. if I hit data collection, it shows me 5 options for copy counts, radf count, etc and when I hit those option, I cannot change anything. Would someone, please elaborate a little more for me. I will appreciate. thanks

Coptech
12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
25 mode, set dipsw 4-0 to 0

ebm
12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
sorry, I was away from my business for sometime. I just got back and tried 2 and 5 data collection but there is no 11 special count. if I hit data collection, it shows me 5 options for copy counts, radf count, etc and when I hit those option, I cannot change anything. Would someone, please elaborate a little more for me. I will appreciate. thanks

To elaborate for you, this error code deals with the firmware or software program written to the circuit boards that control the machine. If you are not a trained technician, you should call one before things get worse.

It is a serious problem if the error code does not clear by simply turning the main power off/on. Call someone who is trained to repair this equipment.

copyplus
12-29-2009, 09:48 PM
would you kindly elaborate little more? How I can find to dipsw after I go to diagnostic mode 2 5. thanks

Coptech
12-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Consider the warning given but turn machine on while holding the 2 and 5 keys. When it comes to life, there is a dipswitch mode or memory switch or smoething like that. you want switch 4 bit 0 and set to 0 or Off. I don't know why it would happen out of the blue. Are you certain nobody tried to reflash the machine or swapped a board out of it?

copyplus
12-29-2009, 10:44 PM
No one touched the machine. I turned the machine off and did not use it for few days and when I turned it back on I got error sc81-01. the machine was not even moved from its location.

at 2 and 5 I get the following:
1. software sw setting
software switch setting mode 00
01 -- 0 On (1) (If I change anything on this page, it goes back
Off (0) 01 and 0 On(1) and off (0)
2. paper size 3. pm count 4. data collection
5. parts counter 6. password setting 7. telephone No. setting
8. M/C serial # setting 9. Indication of ROM version
10. some setting (not visible)
11. ISW 12.setting date input 13. board change mode

I really appreciate the help. I also recognize the warning by emb.

I called the technician in June to install the machine. The guy from Konica/minolta in Burnaby, Canada did not know anything about colorforce 8050 and was unable even to hookup the machine and then I have to post on copiertech to get help.

Coptech
12-29-2009, 10:51 PM
the 1st choice is what you want. After that, you will see the screen arranged in 2 separate sections and an on/off selection to the far right. The first group of numbers should use the arrows until it shows 4. The second set should be set to 0 and then touch the off box on the far right side.

Again, you are in a dangerous area. Changing other switch settings either on purpose or by accident could cause much grief!

If that does not fix it, I would bet that you will have to have someone familiar with the machine and Konica's ISW tool to re-flash the machine and hope for the best at that point.

copyplus
12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I am sorry, the screen is different than you described.

_______ _________ __________
| 01 | - | 0 | | On (1) |
-------- ----------- ------------
Arrow Up Arrow Up

Arrow Down Arrow Down __________
| Previous |
| Screen |
------------

If you change any value in box 1 or 2 that does not stay and there is no way to turn on or off or reset anything.

Coptech
12-30-2009, 01:21 AM
touch the far left 01 until it turms dark gray, then use the up arrow to change it to 4. then touch the second set of numbers until they turn gray, use up or down arrow until it says 0. Then touch the off button, then you can hit previous screen and turn machine off and on.

Again, check and doublecheck the numbers before you make changes!

copyplus
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you Coptech. Your instructions were great and I was able to turn on the machine. There is no SC81-01 anymore. The machine is working fine. I really appreciate your kind help.

copyplus
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Coptech
I need your help once again. I have another problem. I stacked paper in tray one's extra space (about 500 sheets) and loaded paper 8 1/2 x 11 paper in the tray (about 100 sheets) and pushed the tray in. I believe due to the paper in the extra space the tray could not go up and now I am getting add paper sign even if the paper is in the tray. Would you kindly adivse me who to fix this problem. thanks
I had 81-01 this morning and I fixed it again with the instructions that you had given me.

Coptech
02-11-2010, 11:27 PM
That is not for extra paper storage no matter how much it looks like a good polace to store paper. You are correct in that it stopped the tray lift. If you took all the paper out except for the paper that is supposed to be there, and turn the machine off and on, does it work again? Is the tray indication on the display normal or is it grayed out?

copyplus
02-12-2010, 12:58 AM
That is not for extra paper storage no matter how much it looks like a good polace to store paper. You are correct in that it stopped the tray lift. If you took all the paper out except for the paper that is supposed to be there, and turn the machine off and on, does it work again? Is the tray indication on the display normal or is it grayed out?

I tried to turn the machine on and off taking all the extra paper out. The paper tray indicdation is blinking and add paper in tray one is displaying on the screen.

Coptech
02-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Usually, when there is something stopping the tray lift, the machine will disable that tray and has to be reset using a different dipswitch setting. However, they gray out the paper tray on the display when they do. If it is still blinking, it sounds to me like it popped a cable, or an ICP that drives the lift motor. I honestly think you need on-site service on this one. I could be wrong, but it sounds more serious to me. If there is no local service, call 1-800-456-6422 and they will help you find a nearby service center.

copyplus
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
what is the procedure to enable the tray in the service mode?

copyplus
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
If I click on the tray one indicator on the panel it greys out and stops blinking.

Coptech
02-12-2010, 10:13 PM
same 25 mode but this time set switch 18-0 to off

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
hay i am unemployed 9years w / konica direct how much do they pay well trained techs
up there in canada

copyplus
02-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Thank you very much. The problem is solved with 18-0. Great help

Nisar235
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
hi
dear its PRCB (printer control board) has been damaged. when you will replace it and you will also give the serial no of this machine to its memory and this way your problem will remove.
regards,
nisar khan
Pakistan

copyplus
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
HI
My copier colorforce 8050 prints very dark even setting up from the document printer set up mode to 85% bright. Moreover, the blue is printed purplish. Is there any set up to reduce the darkness of colors for digital printing. thanks

copyplus
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I did not get any response from anyone yet. Would anyone let me know how to caliberate the colors. My machine colorforce 8050 is printing dark and blue is purplish.

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
03-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I did not get any response from anyone yet. Would anyone let me know how to caliberate the colors. My machine colorforce 8050 is printing dark and blue is purplish.

1st have you cleaned p / heads/m-c grid & wiress/,
2ed is the problem off the glass or print' if print are you useing comand work ststion,
3rd what dose the density out put charts look like
4th do you have a s/man i can just give you page #'s other wise there's a lot of typing

copyplus
03-26-2010, 11:20 PM
1st have you cleaned p / heads/m-c grid & wiress/,
2ed is the problem off the glass or print' if print are you useing comand work ststion,
3rd what dose the density out put charts look like
4th do you have a s/man i can just give you page #'s other wise there's a lot of typing

1. Yes
2. both
3. printed a test chart. The Blue and Magenta seems ok but the yellow is greenish and black is reddish.
4. I dont have sm for this particular model but have some other manuals. I don't know which other machine is compatible with colorforce 8050.

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
03-27-2010, 01:32 AM
1. Yes
2. both
3. printed a test chart. The Blue and Magenta seems ok but the yellow is greenish and black is reddish.
4. I dont have sm for this particular model but have some other manuals. I don't know which other machine is compatible with colorforce 8050.

GOOD / HOW ARE THE TRANSFER ROLLERS INSIDE THE THANSFER BELT
KONICA'S c500 & (MINOLTA'S CF1500 ) I THINK IT'S CF1500
ANYWAY SEND ME A E/ M ADDRESS I CAN SEND YOU A 8050 BOOK

copyplus
03-29-2010, 07:13 PM
aldycopy@hotmail.com

copyplus
04-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks scallanjoe@yahoo.com. I received the catalog. Now I would like to know how I can caliberate colors. Is there any automatic caliberation. As I said in my previous posts, my machine is printing dark and blue is purplish. I printed the test page and the yellow is greenish, black is not pure black, (its gradation is reddish) and the gradation of cyan and magenta are also different. I am sending you scanned copy of the test page for review and instructions. thanks

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
ok
1st let's send all attachments to my yahoo e/mail
how let's do a test pattern for density of ea. color / section 7.6 of the s/man
do ea color from 256 / 175/ 65
how this should help to isolate area of problem
this is also asumeing / crona grids & ass, are clean, a long with the belt /cleaning unit / transfer rolers ea color
behind the belt/ drumes are good /also developer and toner are not of a aftermarket
2ed
adjustments on section 7.2.2//page 1-49
most of the time i had this it was dirty main charge grids or wire//bad cleaning blade//or toner clumping up
and backup mess// p-m due--
good luck

impimp329
09-16-2010, 08:30 PM
I need steps to center images on 8.5x11 sheet & 11x17 both at duplex. Any help will be greatly appreciated.http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Custom Search