PDA

View Full Version : C-450 touch panel

Custom Search

SKTeK315
11-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi guys. Is there a fix for touch screen when they state to go & soft keys shift then don't respond. Touch screen adjust doesn't do it. ?

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 01:10 AM
If screen adjust doesn't work, then the only option is to replace the panel.

SKTeK315
11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks. I know that but there must be a way a place to fix or buy parts. What goes wrong withem anyway, which part. If anybody knows how much & where

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Usually when a part like this goes, we send it off to board repair. In Canada, ours is right here in Calgary. As I understand it, the US has a couple such places to send these to, along with any other problem boards. Unfortunately, I am not privy to what locales have a board repair center.

You could I suppose do some basic electronics repairs...check capacitors and replace as needed. Though thinking about it, I do not recall there being anything more than surface mount caps on the control panel, which makes it a bit harder to diagnose without a scope. I haven't one in front of me to see. If it is an IC failure...yer outa luck I think.

SKTeK315
11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks

langelot
11-17-2009, 05:22 AM
I've actually seen this quite a bit, and never have I ever had to replace the panel. I think these things go out of calibration because of power surges/brown outs.

In any case, if you are patient and persistent enough, you can get the screen to recalibrate - but there is a technique to it.

When recalibrating, usually the top X's will beep, but not the lower ones. What one has to do is to actually click lower than the X's and again recalibrate several times, gradually at each calibration clicking higher and closer to the x's until one can finally do the proper calibration and get a beep from all the x's - a bit tricky, but practice makes perfect and it sure beats paying for a new board or board repair.

PS: Don't click on the top x's even though they will respond - click lower to them and then about the same distance lower on the lower ones. Effectively, yoy will be "pulling" the screen to center with each calibration.

A surge protector shoul help I believe.

copytechman
11-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Interesting never heard of that! Since the natural response is to touch the upper left 1 first!

Regards!
A.

kmcopier
11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
There is an techinal information for this problem 4037 7807 01 touch panel assy it's only the touch screen

Custom Search