PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta B-500 6701 code

Custom Search

PCFSS&S
11-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I know this machine was born with a defective toner supply system, but is the 6701 code its evil twin or what?

In order to clean or reseat the toner rotation sensor from a 2803 code you must also remove the control bd,if you repair 5 machines with this problem 2 will fail with this 6701 code. I guess by disconnecting all the connections (8) on the control bd (and I suspect the ribbon cable) you set off a bomb of a 6701 code which sends this machine into a coma. Trouble reset is futile.

Any idea what causes this, how can it be avoided, and how can it be fixed?

suomi
11-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Maybe this help you. I guessit is number 4...

Kmdurrin
11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I agree with suomi. We have had a few of these horrible machines code out like this, and each time its been a bad CCD cable connection. Seems like the normal use of the machine can slowly work the top end of the ribbon out of its connection. We also had a BH420 code out with 6701, but that one turned out to be a solenoid in the toner hopper section. It was held in place with a screw that was too long (assembly problem from KMBS), which cut through the solenoids casing, causing a couple connections on the OACB to short out.

Custom Search