PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7255 toner ??

Custom Search

copyman
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
is there a way to convert the monolta DI-5510 toner btl (604) to work in a Konica 7255? I think the sliding top on btl is different. I don't want to modify the toner holder in the machine just the bottle if possible. I don't have a konica btl to put side by side with the minolta btl.
thanks in advance

fixthecopier
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
It is the grooves in the bottle neck. You would have to change out or modify the piece at the end of the toner tray that slides back and forth when you push the tray in. Those ribs have to line up with the bottle neck grooves.

copyman
11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
can i just cut out the grooves?

langelot
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
There's a great after market toner for these machines that is widely sold - the bottle is made to fit both the Minolta models (Di-551/Di-650/Di-5510/Di-7210) and the Konica Models (7155/7165/7255/7272). The bottle will go for between $25.00 to $30.00 US.

I am not a big fan of after market toners, but I have tested these many times and have yet to suffer any ill effects. I don't know who makes it, but I can probably get you a link for an image on the web so you can see ad recogize what the carton design is.

Bar that, what I sometimes do, when I have OEM toner for one brand that needs to go into another is the following:

I will take the rear cover off of the empty bottle that needs to be refilled with a large flat head screwdriver (you will be able to pop it back in place later on). I will do the same with the filled bottle and stand up both bottles end-to-end (the empty being on top). I will the seal as best as possible (this is critical) both ends together with shipping tape and then slowly flip both bottle as if with an hourglass. I always gently tap the sides of the bootle being emptied (now the one on top) until I am confident that it is relatively empty. I will then remove the tape and put the endpieces back on and voila!

Now, this can be quite messy, particularly if you have never done it before. I recommend having a vacuum cleaner handy, doing it outside if at all possible and definitely, not doing it at the customer's location particularly where white carpetig is involved.

Custom Search