PDA

View Full Version : C-252, yellow/green line through color prints...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I realize this is probably one of the Imaging Units, but I can't afford to buy all 3 and blow them out to fix this problem. Customer has samples of the green line through brown print when he's trying to print a calendar. Line is going in the direction of paper feed. I've cleaned all the laser slit glasses to no avail and checked the Transfer Belt as well. Color units are very low usage/mileage and the machine only has 60K on it... thanks in advance.

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 03:56 PM
do a halftone test for all the colours.

Whichever one is the problem, it will show itself.

Sometimes, not in all cases, the IU can be repaired. These sometimes get clumps of toner stuck between the doctor blade and the mag roller and cause a void area. I use a corner piece of paper and slide that between the blade and mag roller, to move and break up the obstruction. Worth a look if replacing is an issue. Generally, not recommended to take apart the unit. But the drum and the dev housing both separate from each other.

rasman67
11-13-2009, 03:52 AM
I agree with stirton and would start by checking the magenta. All the colors make brown with magenta missing it would be green.

Custom Search