PDA

View Full Version : C650 Loooong download times. USB cable faster?

Custom Search

keystonenew
11-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Took 27 minutes to download a large postcard file to our C650 RIP via our computer network. Would a direct link from graphics computer to RIP via USB cable make downloads faster? Is there a stting we've overlooked in the network connection perhaps? The external RIP on our C500's Fiery only took seconds to download files.

Mr Spock
11-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Took 27 minutes to download a large postcard file to our C650 RIP via our computer network. Would a direct link from graphics computer to RIP via USB cable make downloads faster? Is there a stting we've overlooked in the network connection perhaps? The external RIP on our C500's Fiery only took seconds to download files.

First of all the network is usually the fastest way to send files. It is 5-10 times faster then usb and 20-30 times faster then the old parallel method. The thing to look at is this the c650 is an office machine with a (I hate to use this word here) "weaker" Fiery unit. The C500 is a production class machine with a more robust fiery capable of doing more of the processing. Both are good at what they do but an office machine is not designed to meet the same standards as a production machine. It is like buying a mustang gt and putting in a 4 cylinder engine. It will get you where you need to go but will not impress anyone with its get up and go. I would look to the app and the size of the file as well as what type of network traffic is taking place first.

RRodgers
11-14-2009, 04:44 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the file contains some rather LARGE pictures in it. If you resize some of the pictures down some, that should speed up the RIP.

Custom Search