PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200, can't fax to 1-888

Custom Search

fixthecopier
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
This is an odd question, and I am sure it is not my machine, but I would like to have an answer. I have several of these as fax machines, and for the most part, most of them fax off base to one certain number. I now have 2 locations that have reported that the fax works except for that number. Problem is, they say if it fails, they can go to another office and use their machine and it works. In one case that other machine was another 200. Anyone hear of such.

pepper38_cnd
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Make sure the default resolution is not set to 600 Dpi some fax machines ( on the receiving end ) will drop the line after the first 1/4 inch of the page if the resolution is set too high, set the default to fine and see what happens.

fixthecopier
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM
that is good info, I did not know that.

emujo
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Another tip... put the fax into "off Hook" and manually dial the #. Don't press start until you hear the handshake tone. This will eliminate dialing problems (you might hear busy signal or recieving fax never pick up). If the transmission is successfull in the off hook mode, the MFP may not be "hearing" the hand shake and you may have to make a few adjustments. Emujo

Mr Spock
11-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Also check the polarity of the phone lines. Especially if this is a fax server. Generic fax machines do not care but mfp's and fax servers (computers) do care which line they get the handshake and data on.

emujo
11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
As a follow up to Mr Spock...the fax kits come with a 2 wire phone line. Standard line are 4 wire. If possible, run this line from the jack to the "Line" connection. Emujo

fixthecopier
11-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Did not make it back today. I will try tomorrow.

Custom Search