PDA

View Full Version : Canon CLC 3200 or Konica Minolta bizhub C350 (with fiery RIP)

Custom Search

Esperanta
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Dear all,

I have to buy a used color machine for my print shop. I have two offers Canon CLC 3200 and Konica Minolta bizhub C350 with fiery RIP. It is on the same price. I need some advices which to buy.

What I need in machine:
- to accept 300gr paper
- good print output
- fast RIPing for prints
- rentable for toners and service, more durable and less problems and services

Simply what is the best for me, more rentable and less errors?

Thanks in advance.:):):):):)

Esperanta
11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Come on experts:):):)

emujo
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
As a KM, Toshiba, and Canon tech, here's my 2 cents...

Pros..Canon makes a great color box..super quality and they run for millions of copies. KM's replacable I/U make for quick and easy maintenace copy quality is acceptable on the C350, but the successor (C451, C452 are much better. KM's replaceable I/Us fuser and X-fer belt make maintenace easier and quicker. The C350 has a Fiery which gives you more options for managing your print jobs.

Cons..Maintenance on the 3200 is time consuming and could be frequent as box gets older. 3200 has the embedded boards so you are limited on print adjustments. Fiery on the C350 does not mean better quality print jobs. KM products seem to need firmware updates more often then their Canon counterparts (Toshiba as well). Since the consumables on the KM products are units, without a service contract, maintenance can get very expensive. (can't just replace a broken charge wire, or fuser drive gear, the whole unit MUST be replaced.)

If you are putting either one of these MFPs into a print shop environment (24/7 color output) my choice would lean to the Canon. Emujo

Esperanta
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
any more reviews :confused:

Pete Gossett
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
You didn't say anything about your expected monthly volume, but in general consider this:

The C350 was a good business-color machine for its day, but it is getting rather old. They do run pretty well though - as long as you don't subject it to too much volume. Consumables will get expensive though, unless you're up for chipping i/u's and fusing transfer belts...but then your copy-quality will eventually suffer. Every Fiery I've ever worked on has eventually needed a new hard-drive and/or system software reloaded, so keep that in mind too.

The CLC3200 is going to have far better quality, and they're a good box, but the CLCs in general seem to need more *frequent* service.

I don't know your location, or who your competitors are, but honestly neither of these older machines will run close to as cheaply as newer color boxes. So if your competition is using newer gear, unless you're performing all the service yourself, good luck being able to beat them on price!

Esperanta
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I just simply asking for which to buy, which is more to handle graphics and quality and to be rent able, and what I seek for is to have a glossy shine, where I hear that CLC 3200 do not have.

any more reviews guys

xcopytech
11-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Also c350 do not have glossy shine.
C350 have LED and 3220 have laser.

If you want to use machine as graphic art, then suggest you to look for some other models.

Esperanta
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Also c350 do not have glossy shine.
C350 have LED and 3220 have laser.

If you want to use machine as graphic art, then suggest you to look for some other models.

Like which models ???

emujo
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Do you want to print on glossy paper, or are you looking for a MFP that can produce a shiny output? Printing on glossy paper can be iffy because the the more toner you lay down, the less gloss that comes through. I don't know of any plain paper copiers that can produce a glossy output. Also, you must have a specific type of gloss paper that falls within the manufactures specs. Emujo

Esperanta
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Do you want to print on glossy paper, or are you looking for a MFP that can produce a shiny output? Printing on glossy paper can be iffy because the the more toner you lay down, the less gloss that comes through. I don't know of any plain paper copiers that can produce a glossy output. Also, you must have a specific type of gloss paper that falls within the manufactures specs. Emujo

No, what I mean is to have a silicon oil that cover the print, or copier with waxed toner.

As i hared that CLC 3200 do dry but I do not know about the c350

xcopytech
11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
c350 do not have oil

xerox dc 12 have oil, can print on 250gsm paper, also some customers print on 300gsm paper.

canon machines which use oil are clc 11xx series

br

Esperanta
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi,

Can any body tell me how much of copies/prints can make a c350 toners

Esperanta
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Guys help with further information and advices please:cool:

emujo
11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
If you need specs on these MFPs do a google search for the applicable product. Emujo

Esperanta
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
If you need specs on these MFPs do a google search for the applicable product. Emujo

I know the spec, but want to know which is better for my print shop and to be practical in service and consumables

Custom Search