PDA

View Full Version : c353 has black dashes and lines on prints

Custom Search

krm
11-16-2009, 03:59 PM
The problem is most prominent on black and white prints, but displays on color also. I tried new black I.U and new transfer belt and problem remains. Any ideas?

copytechman
11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Had something like that, looked kinda like sheet music, it didnt do it on the test/demo page, but did on the grad sheets.

Ended up being the mfp board.

Regards!
A.

krm
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Thank you, is a firmware upgrade necessary with this new board, or will current version work?

copytechman
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Mine had at least r5 on it b4 I changed it out. (btw the firmware update b4 flippin the board didnt change a thing), I'd flash it to latest if you dont know what version is on it if/when u get it.. but u can try it b4 flashing it regardless.. swap over all components (memory/nvram etc) after (or b4) installing it in the problem machine.

Regards
A.

Btw i tested mine with a brand new board out of a new machine for reference purposes.. just the board, kept the nvram etc etc from the old on onto the new one.

(yes, I did try everything else 1st, flippin memory/nvram etc etc)
ohyes the c353 mfp board isnt the same as a c203/c253 bd.

tech51
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I agree with Copytechman. I`ve had to change 3 mfp boards all within one month!! You get various faults, lines in colour only, lines in B/W only but the best one I had was a pale band of grey in b/w which turned into a pale band of magenta in a colour copy. The replacement boards have a different part number, so I`m assuming they have been modified.

copytechman
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
That sounds expensive! Hope they were under warranty or something!

A!

krm
11-18-2009, 03:07 AM
I replaced pwb-mfp and it never comes out of warm up. I figured I would load firmware, but the imaging tool is giving me fits. Everything appears to load to compact flash o.k, but when I open flash drive it asked me to format drive. I can not access files on drive. Anybody run into this, I tried 128 and 256 cards. Does the mfp board come with firmware on it?

Thanks.

tech51
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
You won`t be able to read the files on the cf card from a windows PC, the card formats in a different format (VX works I believe) when the files are written to it and windows can`t read it. Assuming you`ve loaded the cf card correctly with the firmware it should be good to load onto the mfp.
Brand new boards do not have firmware on them.

copytechman
11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Those machines (at least with me) only seem to like 128mb cards and it can be picky about the make/model of card @ that... Theres a thread here somewhere where we've compiled a list of known working cf cards for this model.

Mine had firmware preloaded since i took it out of another known working machine for testing.

I don't have too much trouble w/the toolkit.. browse to firmware and write to card drive letter. Thats all I do.. wait for the confirmation of checksums screen and your done.

Regards!
A.

krm
11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
A 256 mb card worked well. The prior cards may have been corrupted via formatting. The pwb-mfp was bad. Thank you for your help.

copytechman
11-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Your quite welcome...

Regards!
A.

kmcopier
11-29-2009, 08:38 PM
there is an technical information for this problem

Custom Search