PDA

View Full Version : wierd problem HELP!

Custom Search

bgkahuna
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi guys,

I have a problem that me or my fellow techs have never seen before. I have a 7155 copier that is scanning fine but the copies that come out of it is distorted. What I mean by distorted is the images looks like a puzzles that has been put together wrong. the image gets divided up and wrongly printed. I have already installed the new firmware and replaced the write unit, but with no change, and no code... So now I am lost, cant find any info about this problem ...:mad:

minimerlin
11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
What are the internal test prints like? Sounds like either a memory or board problem.

RockETop
11-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I vote memory.

bgkahuna
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
The internal copies are the same, like a mixed up puzzle.. :mad:

langelot
11-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Your image board. Like the guys alluded to, it's probably a memory issue. Unfortunately, the memory on this machine is hard soldered to the image control board. There is an expansion slot, though, for additional memory on the board, so if you happen to have that filled with extra memory (particularly the wrong type of memory), I would remove that and then see if you get an improvement.

If this isn't the case, I might try to do a factory re-initialization before actually replacing the image board, but that's a lot of work and would clear your parts counters. It all depends on how much time vs money you have to work with. Ideally, try to get your hands on a good working image board to swap and test to see that it is indeed the problem.

Good luck!

bgkahuna
11-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Hmm thanks I will try that

kronical
11-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Is there a HDD installed on this machine? Format it and you may have a resolution that does not require the replacement of expensive boards. If the format does not help however, the board is definitely the cause.

mitchl
11-19-2009, 08:52 PM
They have given you good info, the times I have seen this its always the IC board.

kronical
11-20-2009, 03:51 AM
I have also seen similar issues on older Muratec machines caused by a HV leak in the transfer roller.

TJ001
11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I had a similar problem on a Gestetner DSm 725 brand new machine.Turned out to be a faulty lens block. I replaced it and the problem was solved.:p

bgkahuna
11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
I opened up the copier and reseated all the connector and pj's and the copier started to print correctly. But I really dont know what fixed the machine.. :confused: Very confuseing but at least the copier is working again.. Thanks guys for all your help I dont know what I would do with out everybodys help

THANKS

langelot
11-23-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm glad its working. I'm wondering wether you might have had a "line noise" issue - if it doesn't have a good surge protector/line filter now would be a good time to recomend one to the customer and maybe make a few bucks from the service event as well!

I once had a similar issue with an intermittent problem - the machine was plugged in a different outlet from an electric pencil sharpener, but apparently on the same circuit - when in use, the electrical noise would drive the machine boinkers (highly technical term):p - anyhow, the filter/conditioner/surge protector saved the day.

Custom Search