PDA

View Full Version : konica 7165 code SC-56-04

Custom Search

marcdima
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
hello

how to fix this problem in konica 7165 ?

thanks

marcdima
11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
can someone send me Error Code list For that machine

konica 7165

marcdima
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
The machine serial numbers are incorrect

where i enter a serial numbers in konica minolta 7165 ?

this machine language is english and german how I add other langauge ?

thanks

JustManuals
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

langelot
11-20-2009, 12:55 AM
This code is not listed in the manual - but I can tell you that you most likely have either the wrong firmware installed, corrupted firmware on possibly the wrong print controller on your machine. If you have a print controller for a 7272/7255 installed on the machine - it will give you this error - the print controllers for both 7255/7272 and 7155/7165 are both labeled IP-511 even though, technically, the 7255/7272 has an IP-511A.

Same print controller, different firmware on the hard drive.

If you don't have a print controller and have this code, then verify the serial number. If this machine was destined for the USA, the serial number for a 7165 should start with 56AE, and the serial number for a 7155 should start with 56EE. Verify the serial number sticker and electronic serial number (found in 25 mode - turn machine on while pressing #2 & #5) match. If you have a discrepency, you may also have had someone swap an image board from another model. Post back and I'll guide you through reflashing the machine.

Let us know.

killersilver
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Hello.

I run a PC Technical Support Business and yesterday i was called to install a Pi6500e controller to a Minolta Di551 and i had no idea what to do at first because i have never dealt with copier machines before.

After doing some basic things i was caught with a SC56-04 error code when trying to print the configuration page with the controller plugged in.

I was reading there could be 2 problems:

- Physical and electronic serials not matching.

The solution was supposed to be entering 25 mode and changing the serials there, but only the main body, option tray and finisher were available, not the controller.

- Updating the firmware to allow the controller to be recognized.

Here, i don't have a clue where to start from. They didn't even provide me the cd/manual. I read that bely had it. Can you please be so kind to send it to me? killersilver [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thank you very much in advance.

langelot
12-03-2009, 06:27 PM
You are correct in that there is no way of entering a serial number for the print controller.

A possibility as to your problem...

If indeed you are dealing with a Di-551 (Minolta) and not a 7155 (Konica), then indeed, you do need the fiery version of the print controller (PI-6500e) since the Konica print controller (IP-511) is not compatible with the Minolta firmware of this machine (same machine - different firmwares).

There is also a later version of the Fiery/Minolta print controller called the Pi-7200e - It will fit on the machine as well, but is not compatible with a Di-551 - only the Di-5510 and Di-7210.

Conversly, the Pi6500e is not compatible with a Di-5510. It is compatible only with the Di-551 & the Di-650.

A Di-551 (teal-colored trim) will have a serial number starting with the prefix 56FE????? (at least here in the USA).

A Di-5510 (gray-colored trim) will have a serial number starting with the prefix 56TE????? (again here in the USA).

As for the print controllers, they should all have stickers with their model names Pi-6500e/Pi-7200e/IP-511.

I hope this helps you sort it out and not confuse you instead.

Personally, I would avoid trying to flash the machine, unless and until you are absolutely sure of what you actually have.

Good luck

killersilver
12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your reply.

As long as i can understand, i'm doing the right thing here. I have a Di551 and a Pi6500e.

I'm not in the place right now, so i don't remember the serial number exactly.

One thing i noticed is that when in 25 mode, the 3 listed serials are just 0's.

Since yesterday i haven't been there, because i'm trying to get support from the forums or a technician.

Another thing i noticed is that the green led of the ethernet port on the Pi6500e doesn't light up. There's a green led inside, which is from the motherboard, but that one is actually lighted up.

I really don't know what to do, because i can't even print the configuration page because of the error SC56-04.

Is it maybe a faulty Pi6500e?

langelot
12-04-2009, 05:55 AM
You wrote that all the serial numbers are 0's.

You must have a serial number for the main body in order for the print controller to work. Enter that in 25 mode - Again it should be 56FE followed by five numbers - there should be a sticker on the inside of the machine (front inside left) with a bar code and the serial number printed on it - use that.

Also, unless you have the network cable plugged in, I don't think you will see any light blinking or being lit for that matter. Anyway, it wouldn't give you that code even if the NIC was dead. It might give you an SC 49-1/2/3 if that were the case.

Let us know how it goes.

Custom Search